2024 BOA Webster (South Houston - Oct. 5)

The 2024 Webster (South Houston) Regional will be held on Oct. 5 at CCISD Challenger Columbia Stadium in Webster, TX.

Confirmed (13):

Clear Brook H.S., TX
Clear Lake H.S., TX
Clear Springs H.S., TX
Cy-Fair H.S., TX
Cypress Ranch H.S., TX
Dawson H.S., TX
Foster H.S., TX
Friendswood H.S., TX
George Ranch H.S., TX
James E. Taylor H.S., TX
Pearland H.S., TX
Ronald Reagan H.S., TX
Shadow Creek H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Added confirmed bands

• 5 weeks later...
  • LeanderMomma changed the title to 2024 BOA South Houston (Oct. 5)
1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

I would Imagine most of the regulars at Katy will be here, but hopefully we get some more class A/AA rep that are closer to this stadium, but should be a real fun one to watch next season! 

I do wonder whether some like ctj will be willing to drive the extra distance

16 hours ago, Online Marcher said:

I know this is kinda early, but any thoughts on who might be going to this competition?

Hoping to see the same number of groups enroll into this contest as we saw when it was hosted at the Katy ISD stadium. The past couple years the Katy contest has had over 30 groups enroll and perform throughout prelims. The Katy location on the far west side of Houston was easier to justify for some of those groups to travel to with it being an easy straight shot to get there. I do wonder if the San Antonio and surrounding area groups who would travel to the Katy Contest will elect to pass in lieu of a different contest that isn't such a haul to the south side of Houston.

Does anyone have any insight or information on why it was moved to Clear Creek ISD and to the south side of Houston?

From going to the other regionals throughout the years in Austin, Dallas, etc. it seemed to me like the Katy location was a pretty solid spot for a contest with the dual stadium lots next to each other, size of the parking lots for trucks/busses, seating capacity, the acoustics (always fun to debate what's the best stadium), the box location, etc.  

19 hours ago, Online Marcher said:

I know this is kinda early, but any thoughts on who might be going to this competition?

Typical Cy-Fair/Katy Groups, cedar ridge could return, wonder if the woodlands may return. 

3 hours ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Hoping to see the same number of groups enroll into this contest as we saw when it was hosted at the Katy ISD stadium. The past couple years the Katy contest has had over 30 groups enroll and perform throughout prelims. The Katy location on the far west side of Houston was easier to justify for some of those groups to travel to with it being an easy straight shot to get there. I do wonder if the San Antonio and surrounding area groups who would travel to the Katy Contest will elect to pass in lieu of a different contest that isn't such a haul to the south side of Houston.

Does anyone have any insight or information on why it was moved to Clear Creek ISD and to the south side of Houston?

From going to the other regionals throughout the years in Austin, Dallas, etc. it seemed to me like the Katy location was a pretty solid spot for a contest with the dual stadium lots next to each other, size of the parking lots for trucks/busses, seating capacity, the acoustics (always fun to debate what's the best stadium), the box location, etc.  

I also thought they could make a BOA Cypress to replace katy, possibly at the berry center, Gigantic stadium capacity, very big size parking capacity for the bigger vehicles.

18 hours ago, tubapop said:

I do wonder whether some like ctj will be willing to drive the extra distance

I would imagine so. There aren't really any other close regionals except Austin and the other Houston one, so maybe they'd do that if that's closer? But I'd imagine they still will 

10 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I imagine Pearland/friendswood/dawson will be happy about the new location of this

100%! 

Bands traveling from outside of the Houston metro area might like to visit the Kemah Boardwalk for lunch if time permits.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kemah Boardwalk&ludocid=3506269467466928315&ibp=gwp;0,7&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjXzaKF_viDAxV_kGoFHTWYAngQ_coHegQIFRAB&biw=390&bih=780&dpr=3#lpg=cid:CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Otherwise, Baybrook Mall is likewise conveniently located to the stadium. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • LeanderMomma changed the title to 2024 BOA Webster (South Houston - Oct. 5)
  • 4 weeks later...