2024 BOA Bedford (Oct. 5)

The 2024 Dallas Mid-Cities Regional will be held Oct. 5 at Pennington Field. 

Confirmed (14):

Argyle H.S., TX
Azle H.S., TX
Coppell H.S., TX
Forney H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Krum H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
Lake Highlands H.S., TX
Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Trinity H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Added confirmed bands

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TrenBS said:

After Flower-Mounds “rest season” last year, I doubt they are going to go to WMI this year considering they are on the same day, although if they do it would be an insane power move😂

OMG YOU’RE RIGHT!!! Definitely feels like it’s almost impossible they skip this for WMI, opening up another finalist spot there, but if they did that would be crazy and hilarious, although I doubt they care much if at all about keeping their winning streak over at Wylie. And now I may have to consider which of the 2 to go to if able, especially if Lovejoy is at Wylie 😫

• 1 month later...

It’s going to be very interesting to see how the lineup for this event turns up being outside of the normal finalist. There are THREE other major local contest on this day now, the McKinney and Wylie invitationals and the Don Hanna comp in Denton. I’d imagine McKinney will still be fine, but the WMI tends to pull some notable bands that also come here, such as Lonestar and Lebanon Trail. I’m not concerned as much as I am curious as to who will chose what to go to, but we may see some new faces in finals this year 

On 2/4/2024 at 12:44 AM, Tubalord11 said:

It’s going to be very interesting to see how the lineup for this event turns up being outside of the normal finalist. There are THREE other major local contest on this day now, the McKinney and Wylie invitationals and the Don Hanna comp in Denton. I’d imagine McKinney will still be fine, but the WMI tends to pull some notable bands that also come here, such as Lonestar and Lebanon Trail. I’m not concerned as much as I am curious as to who will chose what to go to, but we may see some new faces in finals this year 

Also- with Wylie High hosting WMI the same day as the McKinney Marching Invitational (which is surprising to me since these programs love having the other(s) in attendance), that means there will be a new champ at MMI. 

40 minutes ago, JazzRun said:

Also- with Wylie High hosting WMI the same day as the McKinney Marching Invitational (which is surprising to me since these programs love having the other(s) in attendance), that means there will be a new champ at MMI. 

Yes this is true. They’ve won all of them (don’t count 2018) except 21 when Highland Park to them, and they placed 2nd. I’d say Wylie East, assuming they go back is the current front runner, as they’ve placed 2nd the past two in a row.