UIL Area D 6A

ReveriesOp24

3 minutes ago, TenerSacs said:

We do what we do to impress 5 judges. McNeil Simply didn’t impress all 5. Also Churchill beat McNeil in GE and Visuals. 

also Churchill beat McNeil in visuals by 9 points. Also the judge that placed McNeil 7th for visuals, placed them 5th in prelims. They had the opportunity to get better. 

23 minutes ago, TenerSacs said:

I very much so disagree. Churchill literally beat McNeil. Like placed higher. If McNeil had the upper hand by a lot, they would have beat them. And even at Area they would have beat them by wayyyy more. I think it just seems like Churchill is worse because they’ve been on a steady uphill while McNeil just shot up to the top immediately this year. 

Both groups have had steady improvement. However, so have all of the additional finalists. Churchill and McNeil have been 8/9, 9/10, and 9/10 in the last 6A Area D Finals. Shooting up to the top this year is inaccurate. McNeil has had some clearly outstanding results this year.

2 minutes ago, Bandmanio said:

Both groups have had steady improvement. However, so have all of the additional finalists. Churchill and McNeil have been 8/9, 9/10, and 9/10 in the last 6A Area D Finals. Shooting up to the top this year is inaccurate. McNeil has had some clearly outstanding results this year.

How is that clearly outstanding? They were 9/10 this year as well. They both just have great shows. 

3 minutes ago, TenerSacs said:

If Churchill and McNeil put in the work and keep going up as they are, I could see both of them in state in the next 3-6 years. 

Churchill and Mcneil had very good shows, but other schools like Dripping springs and Westwood will not just drastically drop. Also Cedar ridge will be looking to get back in after an off year.

1 hour ago, TenerSacs said:

Although it may not seem like it, Churchill is right up there with McNeil. They beat them at Vista Ridge and then were only behind them by 14 points which isn’t a lot for uil considering the 8th place band was over 100 points ahead of McNeil. 

Where does the 14 points come from? If you're talking about ordinals, McNeil had 41 ordinals and Churchill had 50.

Judge side-by-side scoring was:

McNeil/WCHS

Judge 1 - 615/608

Judge 2 - 490/422

Judge 3  - 900/350

Judge 4 - 695/670

Judge 5 - 594/580

Just curious where the 14 points came from. I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, Bandmanio said:

Where does the 14 points come from? If you're talking about ordinals, McNeil had 41 ordinals and Churchill had 50.

Judge side-by-side scoring was:

McNeil/WCHS

Judge 1 - 615/608

Judge 2 - 490/422

Judge 3  - 900/350

Judge 4 - 695/670

Judge 5 - 594/580

Just curious where the 14 points came from. I don't see it.

Averages 

10 minutes ago, TenerSacs said:

How is that clearly outstanding? They were 9/10 this year as well. They both just have great shows. 

McNeil has had some clearly outstanding RESULTS this year. I didn't say they were clearly outstanding and deserved anything better than 9th at Area Finals.

McNeil was 6th at TMC, ahead of Dripping Springs, Westlake, Leander, M&G Johnson.

McNeil was 2nd at CapCity right behind Dripping Springs.

I call those clearly outstanding RESULTS for a season.

26 minutes ago, Bandmanio said:

McNeil has had some clearly outstanding RESULTS this year. I didn't say they were clearly outstanding and deserved anything better than 9th at Area Finals.

McNeil was 6th at TMC, ahead of Dripping Springs, Westlake, Leander, M&G Johnson.

McNeil was 2nd at CapCity right behind Dripping Springs.

I call those clearly outstanding RESULTS for a season.

Yes, I agree. McNeil is having a fantastic season. I thought you were talking about only Area. Just for the the record I’m not trying to take away from McNeil at all. 

24 minutes ago, Band1234556 said:

How did Mcneils drum line get 9th? They have such a strong percussion section this year

Well the judges probably do not have that much experience towards percussion as there isn’t a dedicated perc judge at area. Cedar ridge’s percussion received 8th in percussion from one of the judges but personally i don’t think that necessarily demonstrates where their perc is.

3 minutes ago, jognithin said:

Well the judges probably do not have that much experience towards percussion as there isn’t a dedicated perc judge at area. Cedar ridge’s percussion received 8th in percussion from one of the judges but personally i don’t think that necessarily demonstrates where their perc is.

Good point

26 minutes ago, Miyazuu said:

Where's everyone finding these score breakdowns for Area? (Assuming there's other ones besides the ones that are available online and posted on the page before). Also I thought they wasn't a percussion judge at Area and only State? Has that changed? 

There was no percussion judge, but there is a score for percussion that every music judge needs to fill up. The prelim breakdown was leaked and one music judge gave Cedar ridge percussion 8th in that caption, hope that makes sense.