Rivalry

whitewing09

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except for Bowie

They have trouble getting people to Volunteer to have their head smashed in.

Arlington tends to follow the rule about Band and Football (You can't have a good band and a good football team) except for Seguin. Hopefully they'll move up to 5A in 2008.

*cough cough* Just kidding man.

Since about 90% of the RGV hates our school for some reason, it's hard to pick out rivals. I think all that hatred comes from the fact that there used to be a lot of racism down here about 30 years ago, and so it lives on today. So if anything bad happens here at SHS, it is almost IMMEDIATELY put on the headlines of the newspapers and the local news....anyways, enough about that.

Football, our rivals (we have several) are McHi (because of a fight the first year we were 5A), Mission (city rival who has yet to beat us), and La Joya (they just lay the smackdown on us everytime we play them).

Band...I don't think we really have one, but if I had pick one, I would say Harlingen because of all that junk that happened last year.

Hey Trumpet Master...I just remembered...we play you all this year right after state! It's going to be an exciting game, eh? I think it's the first time in history our schools will play each other.

Yeah we do play you all. I think it is the first time our schools have ever played. As for football rivals, I would have to say Weslaco HS. Even though our football team was horrible last year we still be them, but they made it to playoffs. lol

You konw, if we do make state, our band probably will not be at our homecoming game against Mcallen Memorial. lol That's funny.

Man, I hope you all go to state then. Sorry to say, but Bradley Stephens will run circles around every defense he encounters this year (especially ours...so sad. We went from the best 4A defense in the state to a sappy defense that does ARM TACKLES in two years) until playoffs come around. Then he will have to run through them :P

It's OK though...once he graduates, Memorial will once again be nothing but dust in the wind.