Realignment

• 4 weeks later...

So while we are in the topic of realignment, I decided to make my mock realignment predictions for 6A. I'll be focusing on the DFW area for now because I'm not really familiar with the Austin, Houston, or San Antonio areas. Also, in this case the 6A cutoff would be 2280. This drops DeSoto, Chisholm Trail, Paschal, Highland Park, and Fossil Ridge down to 5A and brings Forney, Northwest, Lancaster, Longview, and Princeton up to 6A. And it appears that Garland ISD is opting Lakeview Centennial, Naaman Forest, and South Garland up. For DeSoto, i think theres a 50/50 chance of opting up to 6A , so we'll just have to wait and see. Anyways, here's the mock realignment:

District 3-6A

Crowley 

Boswell

Haltom

Keller

Keller Central 

Timber Creek

North Crowley 

Weatherford 

District 4-6A

Coppell 

Trinity

Bell

Northwest

Eaton

Byron Nelson

Southlake Carroll 

District 5-6A

Braswell

Guyer

Little Elm

McKinney 

McKinney Boyd

Princeton 

Prosper

Rock Hill

District 6-6A

Allen

Lewisville

Flower Mound

Hebron

Marcus

Plano

Plano East

Plano West

District 7-6A

Jesuit

Irving

MacArthur 

Nimitz

Richardson

Berkner

Lake Highlands 

Pearce

District 8-6A

Arlington 

Bowie

Sam Houston 

Lamar

Martin

Mansfield

Lake Ridge

Mansfield Legacy

District 9-6A 

Garland

Lakeview Centennial (opt up)

Naaman Forest (opt up)

Rowlett

Sachse

North Garland 

South Garland (opt up)

Wylie

Wylie East 

District 10-6A

Forney

North Forney

Longview

Rockwall

Rockwall Heath 

Royse City

Tyler Legacy 

District 11-6A

Cedar Hill

Skyline

Duncanville 

Grand Prairie

Lancaster 

Mesquite

Horn

South Grand Prairie

Waxahachie 

So there ya go, my mock realignment for 2024, and as you can see, there are a few changes made compared to this realignment. So if DeSoto does end up opting up, then Mesquite and Horn would probably move to 10-6A to prevent a 10-team District.

2 hours ago, That Bass 4 Guy Out Of DFW said:

Hopefully the conference and division cutoffs will be made public tomorrow. I know it was around this time two years ago for the current realignment.

16 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Hopefully the conference and division cutoffs will be made public tomorrow. I know it was around this time two years ago for the current realignment.

Yeah hopefully it comes out soon, it will for sure give us an idea of what schools are going where and which schools are staying in place

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2024 at 11:02 PM, csxmii said:

I really just don’t know much about this topic. Can new areas be created when schools move up to 6A? Or something of the sort?

They set the cutoffs in order to manage the number of schools in each classification. In theory, a school could add enrollment over the two year period and still drop from 6A to 5A if the cutoff line moves up.