BD's new uniform.

CHS King Mello

maybe they are just trying to make a splash in the 'DOING SOMETHING NEW' world. alot of things are changing and maybe they feel like they want to be noticed too. childish? perhaps. but it's probably not even the real reason. it makes me laugh though to think so scenarios like that. it's change, people will notice, and they'll be the talk of the day/week/season.

it has been shown effective seeing as it is in band forums already.

I bet the hat has a stripe on it running up the sides and across the top, with a white plume to top it off. :wacko:

Edit: And why does that guy have a Pin Stripe (I just realized that was the show name) down his left leg, but the others behind him don't?

that's a picture from family day. Tim Jackson is in Blue Devils A Corps. The one with the blue tenors in the background is from the B corps, and the black tenors are from the C corps.

IMO, BD messed up. Why in heavens name would you switch from a unifrom that resembled a tux (with pinstripes and all) to a unifrom that looks like a jogging suit FOR A GODFATHER SHOW?

That is, unless BD decided to change the show last minute to The Amazing Race.

-C

Not a fan of the uniform so far however....

I will reserve further judgement until I see the corps next weekend in California. What matters most is how the uniforms looks on the field and how it enhances the visual design of the show. Something that we have yet to see.

I'm more in the middle of the road on this issue than anything else. I'm still waiting to see the uniform in motion.

Let's not forget that The Cadets in 2005 had the most unpopular uniform addition in the history of Drum Corps because some said they were "Slapping tradition in the face by disgracing the oldest uniform in Drum Corps." The utilized their "unpopular" uniform change to near perfection during their show, winning the World Championship with the highest score in DCI History. If The Blue Devils use the uniform to their advantage (And yes, there is such a thing!) they will take their clean visual reputation to a higher level.

I have a feeling that The Blue Devils know what they are doing with the stripes. Seeing is will definitely lead to believe in this situation.