DCI Classic Coutndown Theater Listing!!

Danpod

Just a little reminder that Michael Bui (Show of The Month Writer) and I (Host of The Danpodcast) will be at the Houston Marq*E theater in Houston, Texas. We'll be wearing our Txbands.com Badges before the show so keep an eye out for two handsome men outside the theater with lanyards around their necks!

If you meet up with us, I'll be sure to give you a little gift card as a little thanks for supporting Txbands.com!

Hope you see you folks there!!!!!! Enjoy the Classic Countdown and yes......You are allowed to lose your **** during the show ^_^

We had a few folks outside the theater before hand passing out flyers for Gulf Coast Sound and I didnt see you guys. Where were you at? On the parking garage side or the side closest to I-10?

We had a few folks outside the theater before hand passing out flyers for Gulf Coast Sound and I didnt see you guys. Where were you at? On the parking garage side or the side closest to I-10?

I think we saw you guys standing near Red Robin. Keep in mind that we had a few drinkies at Red Robin so we didn't mingle too much ^_^

Common' Dan. You can't tell me you didn't giggle when the guy says "Its LOOOVE". and "It's Beat-TASTIC". Seriously. How can you NOT die there.

If you have seen the show before.

I am sort of glad that I did not go (it not like I could have anyways--came back from a music festival and then went to School Board meeting to help a friend). It seems like it was different from last year. Less crowd reaction and such. But hey...the DVD is out.

Even then. I was sitting with all of our drumline staff and they were laughing.

Its funny.

While you are entitled to your opinion, I do not find it funny. That show put them on the map. Their use of electronics (and its success) probably allowed for the Cadets and Bluecoats to do what they did this year. When you think of Crown, you think of two things: their brass line and Bohemian Rhapsody.

While you are entitled to your opinion, I do not find it funny. That show put them on the map. Their use of electronics (and its success) probably allowed for the Cadets and Bluecoats to do what they did this year. When you think of Crown, you think of two things: their brass line and Bohemian Rhapsody.

"put them on the map" is a matter of point of view.

the show that put them on the map was really 92, when they won div 2. Then making DCI Finals in 95, never to fall out till 02... then they were put back on the map with the most succesful show to date (at the time) 03 Bell-issimo. I think that 03 is extremely overshadowed by the success of 04, but 03 was probably one of the most (if not THE most) definitive shows for Crown. With a lot of corps, falling out of finals can be the kiss of death. fortunately that was not the case for Crown.

-C

So, if someone came up to you and told you something is "beatastic" in a stereotypical **** guy voice (no offense meant, you know its true), you wouldn't laugh?

Don't take yourself TOO seriously now, bro.

Okay, I'm going to clarify this......

David is right.

I was at the Classic Countdown...people WEREN'T laughing at Carolina Crown's show. They were laughing at the guy doing their 'Beat Generation' voiceover. I even chuckled myself and I have seen the show millions of times. I talked to several friends that went to different theatres and the same thing happen at theirs.

If you were at the Classic Countdown....you knew why people were laughing.

If you weren't at the Classic Countdown, then yeah......