Favorite Drum Corps

LordGiggles

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2001 = favorite scv show. ;)

I think someone needs to check out more of their shows. Any reason you picked that over the others?

My favorite corps is indeed scv though, mainly for their music. Unlike some other corps (which shall remain nameless), I feel that every year these guys bring something fresh, and interesting to the table, yet while doing so, they never lose that clasiness or the "Santa Clara Style". Plus they are total badasses.

My favorite dci show of all time would have to be SCV 1992.

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge Santa Clara Vanguard fan. Their 2000 show left me in awe. It was nothing but emotion, passion and power. That is what the activity is all about.

But other than SCV...I'm a Cavaliers fan, and as of late Carolina Crown & Bluecoats. I love the direction that those two corps are going in.

• 3 weeks later...

1995-Last Sunday:Phantom Regiment (got hooked when I was at my first DCI contest at the ripe old age of FIVE)

Last Sunday-Now:Santa Clara Vanguard. The class, the poise, and the directors. It is probably the hardest working corps in DCI. I know a lot of the people working with them, and they are the coolest.

Plus, they had the coolest unis ever (I LOVE '04s get up. I want to wear it in my coffin during my funeral, if for no other reason, just to say I did.)

If I made either one, I would be ecstatic.

Long live the Regiment

In San Antonio, I AM doing the Vanguard Yell, so join me!

VAAAANNNNGGGUUUAAAAARRRRRRRRDDD!!!!!!!!!

Plus, they had the coolest unis ever (I LOVE '04s get up. I want to wear it in my coffin during my funeral, if for no other reason, just to say I did.)

:o I want to wear my pajamas in my coffin during my funeral. Just cuz' I figure, that If nothing else, it's a very comfortable way to spend eternity. Oh yeah, and I'm going to wear them to prom, and graduation!!! (ha, maybe ;) )

Where's Madison? Come on!!! I mean they've won three championship and they have to fall under "other". I'm mean I'm on the Scouts so I guess I'm a little biased, but '95 and '96 say it all.

This year is amazing as well. My first year with 'em and we are doing great. The girl who plays Carmen is pretty cool too. I was surprised when we beat Regiment a couple weeks ago. We've also beaten BC and the Friday and Saturday will be one of the biggest competitions yet.

Please, next time, add Madison to the list cause they've deserved it.

Oh, and I forgot to say Revolution and Trinity RULE!!!