Realignment

sax5warrior

http://office.tmea.org/align06/index.htm

That's the realignment for 2006 - 2007.

I must say, the new Area D is looking VERY delicious! The area is the way it was back in 2000, which makes a lot more sense than the previous Area E alignement (San Antonio and Houston schools.)

With the previous area alignment, Area E took SIX bands to State. When I was doing my thing back in 2000, Area D took FIVE bands to State. It will be interesting to see how many they will take to State this coming season.

Area D, Top Four, No Order for 2006:

Cedar Park (2004 State Finals Placement - 2nd)

Winston Churchill (2004 State Finals Placement - 5th)

Ronald Reagan (2004 State Finals Placement - 8th)

James Bowie (2004 State Finals Placement - 9th)

Yeah....It's a good top four. All four made State Finals in 2004. Cedar Park knows how to get it done in the UIL system. Churchill was actually 1st after 2004 State Prelims. Reagan has made unbelievable strides in musicality. Bowie can play just as well as anyone in the State. The fifth band, you say???? I'm not sure who it will be. Ask me again in a "few" months, but the top four in Area D will most certainly be a lock.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a new Podcast topic =)

http://office.tmea.org/align06/index.htm

That's the realignment for 2006 - 2007.

I must say, the new Area D is looking VERY delicious! The area is the way it was back in 2000, which makes a lot more sense than the previous Area E alignement (San Antonio and Houston schools.)

With the previous area alignment, Area E took SIX bands to State. When I was doing my thing back in 2000, Area D took FIVE bands to State. It will be interesting to see how many they will take to State this coming season.

Area D, Top Four, No Order for 2006:

Cedar Park (2004 State Finals Placement - 2nd)

Winston Churchill (2004 State Finals Placement - 5th)

Ronald Reagan (2004 State Finals Placement - 8th)

James Bowie (2004 State Finals Placement - 9th)

Yeah....It's a good top four. All four made State Finals in 2004. Cedar Park knows how to get it done in the UIL system. Churchill was actually 1st after 2004 State Prelims. Reagan has made unbelievable strides in musicality. Bowie can play just as well as anyone in the State. The fifth band, you say???? I'm not sure who it will be. Ask me again in a "few" months, but the top four in Area D will most certainly be a lock.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a new Podcast topic =)

Fifth man- Leander, Round Rock, Judson, or Seguin.....

Unless I forgot someone....

You also need to remember that the Sports realignment affects band because it will determine the Classification (A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A) of all of the schools.

For instance, it is almost certain that Keller Fossil Ridge will be moving down to 4A next year and that Hebron will be moving up to 5A.