UIL 6A Area F

10 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

After watching oak ridge I don’t know that their visual is clean enough to place them in 3rd. I have klein oak and north shore above them. TMHS could sneak in over them

It’s really interesting to me to read all of these rankings, but I will provide information that I’ve been given from kids from TMHS and Oak Ridge that they both really don’t think they’re gonna do well this year at area. A lot of kids at Oak Ridge are sure they won’t even make finals tbh. Their freshmen only just got it together like a week ago and with that large of a setback they just don’t believe they will do well. I’ve only heard from one kid at TMHS and last I heard they said their show was just not good.  I’m not from those schools nor have I seen them in person this year so I’m not gonna provide my own opinions on the matter, but I will say that I am hoping that we make state this year! (I’m from Grand Oaks!)

39 minutes ago, Mackenzie Carpenter said:

It’s really interesting to me to read all of these rankings, but I will provide information that I’ve been given from kids from TMHS and Oak Ridge that they both really don’t think they’re gonna do well this year at area. A lot of kids at Oak Ridge are sure they won’t even make finals tbh. Their freshmen only just got it together like a week ago and with that large of a setback they just don’t believe they will do well. I’ve only heard from one kid at TMHS and last I heard they said their show was just not good.  I’m not from those schools nor have I seen them in person this year so I’m not gonna provide my own opinions on the matter, but I will say that I am hoping that we make state this year! (I’m from Grand Oaks!)

TMHS’s show is good it’s just that they aren’t very clean. If they managed to clean it up from region then I think they will make state.

7 minutes ago, Sanif said:

TMHS’s show is good it’s just that they aren’t very clean. If they managed to clean it up from region then I think they will make state.

I haven’t heard anything for a week, so they could have very well improved! They have been a strong contender in the past and even made state last year so at this point it mainly comes down to the freshmen’s technique and dedication this year, since the sophomores and upperclassmen have already shown that they’re more than qualified.

4 hours ago, Mackenzie Carpenter said:

i'm really rooting for y'all at grand oaks i would love to compete against y'all  🤞🤞

1. Woodlands

2. North Shore

3. Klein Oak

4. Tomball Memorial

5. College Park

6. Spring

7. Klein Cain

8. Oak Ridge

9. Tomball

10. Klein

wow North Shore, serious dark horse for finals at SMBC. surprised TWCP so low to 5th. also surprised cain got those scores in prelims, but that’s what happens when you go right after the woodlands 😵

On 10/21/2023 at 7:15 AM, Mackenzie Carpenter said:

nah as a tmhs kid i think that person mightve meant that the execution was a little bad but our band directors made some pretty crucial changes to our closer and obv worked hard to clean up stuff to make all the execution work out better which it thankfully did😁

9 hours ago, beffjezos said:

1. Woodlands

2. North Shore

3. Klein Oak

4. Tomball Memorial

5. College Park

6. Spring

7. Klein Cain

8. Oak Ridge

9. Tomball

10. Klein

wow North Shore, serious dark horse for finals at SMBC. surprised TWCP so low to 5th. also surprised cain got those scores in prelims, but that’s what happens when you go right after the woodlands 😵

Indeed, Cain the only band to jump massive in Finals just not enough in the subjective eyes. Tough prelim draw directly after The Woodlands DCI. 

Also no disrespect to Spring because all of these bands work so very, very incredibly hard. Just to be here is an huge accomplishment. Curious on the 5/6 College Park/Spring. Must have really disliked/liked something. 

Congratulations to The Woodlands on getting the win, not a big surprise! Super happy to see North Shore do so well, an ?amazing season for them, should do very well at state, maybe even in finals?!? Super happy to see Spring back up their, really hope to see their return to state in the coming years. College Park in 5th was definitely a surprise, but anything can happen at Area. Congrats to all these bands on an incredible season! 

Klein Collins and Grand Oaks were robbed of finals yesterday (not saying the other bands didnt deserve it) . I was there for most of the competition and those bands looked fantastic. I even know some people at Grand Oaks and apparently so called the judges told them they didn't make finals because their percussion was too loud during their percussion feature. Such a young group with amazing talent that was ranked so low.

• 1 month later...

Kind of irrelevant since Area I 5A is North and Eastern Houston (Galena Park ISD, PNG, College Station, New Caney ISD).  Geographically it would make more sense to go into 6A Area F, guess we'll see when they formerly announce new alignments. Also need to consider timing of new Conroe High School, new Tomball West High School and the new Waller High School as they arrive (wouldnt shock me if Waller and any newly built Waller High School go to Area I due to Bridgeland proximities) 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, Ninelets said:

Kind of irrelevant since Area I 5A is North and Eastern Houston (Galena Park ISD, PNG, College Station, New Caney ISD).  Geographically it would make more sense to go into 6A Area F, guess we'll see when they formerly announce new alignments. Also need to consider timing of new Conroe High School, new Tomball West High School and the new Waller High School as they arrive (wouldnt shock me if Waller and any newly built Waller High School go to Area I due to Bridgeland proximities) 

More than likely if/when that happens some schools could move out of 6A for a time. Like if Tomball West opens and they take students from the other high schools it'll lower their numbers.

1 minute ago, homerchap said:

More than likely if/when that happens some schools could move out of 6A for a time. Like if Tomball West opens and they take students from the other high schools it'll lower their numbers.

I’m gonna bet that tmhs is going to fall to 5a for a few years since twhs is going to take more tmhs kids than ths kids.