2023 UIL 4A Area D

There’s a strong possibility we’re gonna see 6 bands advance to the State competition from Area D. The advancement count so far through social media and such is up to 28, but I still don’t have official word on some bands that performed yesterday AND Region 27(4 4A Bands) performs on Wednesday.

I think Castlebury has an excellent chance of making area finals this year, especially if 12 bands progress to finals. I remember listening to Castlebury not to long ago, and their brass is excellent, I don’t know if it’s on par with China Spring,Burnet, or Boernes yet however. I think we’ll see them fighting in the 12th-8th range, however I would love to see an upset and have them progress to state!

On 10/15/2023 at 11:42 AM, _letsgolions_ said:

Do y'all think Castleberry has a chance at state? I feel that we have a solid brass and we've beaten Springtown and Kennedale in contests this year, both state finalists. 

Absolutely there is a chance. A 6 band field opens up a lot of possibilities. Especially with several bands bunched in the 5-10 range. 
I think China Spring, Burnet, Alvarado, Gatesville, Robinson, Castleberry, Springtown, Fredricksburg, Kennedale should all show up ready to battle. 

my pick to win is probably CS this time. But I really think Robinson also has a chance to get back to state after a dry spell. 

Very fun area!

For sure ones I know are

Alvarado

Ann Richards

Bandera

Boerne

Burnet

Castleberry

China Spring

Fredericksburg

Gatesville

Godley

Hillsboro

Jarrell

Kennedale

Robinson

Salado

Springtown

Wimberly 

Taylor 

Venus

7 minutes ago, cheeto2401 said:

anyone have a full list of who's going to this contest? I wanna know who I'm going up against

4 hours ago, Eco12 said:

For sure ones I know are

Alvarado

Ann Richards

Bandera

Boerne

Burnet

Castleberry

China Spring

Fredericksburg

Gatesville

Godley

Hillsboro

Jarrell

Kennedale

Robinson

Salado

Springtown

Wimberly 

Taylor 

Venus

Ann Richards DID NOT get a 1 this year and will not be advancing

4 hours ago, cheeto2401 said:

anyone have a full list of who's going to this contest? I wanna know who I'm going up against

Here is your current list:

Benbrook(5)

Boerne(29)

Alvarado(30)

Castleberry(30)

Glen Rose(30)

Godley(30)

Kennedale(30)

Lake Worth(30)

Springtown(30)

Venus(30)

Gatesville(8)

Hillsboro(8)

China Spring(8)

Jarrell(8)

La Vega(8)

Madisonville(8)

Robinson(8)

Salado(8)

Burnet(32)

Lampasas(32)

Marble Falls(32)

Fredericksburg(29)

Wimberley(18/26)

Gonzales(18/26)

Taylor(18/26)

Bandera(29)

La Grange(18/26)

Smithville(18/26)

Region 27 still has yet to perform(10/18) and we’ll know who of the 4 4A will join the 28 that have already punched their tickets.

La Grange could surprise people this year. They had some things to tidy up but gave an excellent performance at Region. They've been making jumps the last couple of years and had a strong run this contest season. I've heard a few people pin them for Finals and a couple say State is possible. Taylor was pretty close as well. Hoping to see Region 18 in the Finals/State! 

6 hours ago, CSharpeRun said:

La Grange could surprise people this year. They had some things to tidy up but gave an excellent performance at Region. They've been making jumps the last couple of years and had a strong run this contest season. I've heard a few people pin them for Finals and a couple say State is possible. Taylor was pretty close as well. Hoping to see Region 18 in the Finals/State! 

It is very hard to predict our Area, because there’s a ton of bands that could advance and it’s already one of 2 4A Areas that is considered a bloodbath.

16 hours ago, Skillet2019 said:

Here is your current list:

Benbrook(5)

Boerne(29)

Alvarado(30)

Castleberry(30)

Glen Rose(30)

Godley(30)

Kennedale(30)

Lake Worth(30)

Springtown(30)

Venus(30)

Gatesville(8)

Hillsboro(8)

China Spring(8)

Jarrell(8)

La Vega(8)

Madisonville(8)

Robinson(8)

Salado(8)

Burnet(32)

Lampasas(32)

Marble Falls(32)

Fredericksburg(29)

Wimberley(18/26)

Gonzales(18/26)

Taylor(18/26)

Bandera(29)

La Grange(18/26)

Smithville(18/26)

Region 27 still has yet to perform(10/18) and we’ll know who of the 4 4A will join the 28 that have already punched their tickets.

I'm hoping 6 can advance!