Area I 6A 2023

aer06

11 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

A lot of the bands usually at the top of this contest have been good at keeping their videos off YouTube, or maybe there just aren’t any. The next couple of weekends should provide some exciting updates on how these programs are doing. I think the top 4: Cy Fair, Cy Woods, Seven Lakes, and Bridgeland will be flip-flopping all season so we’ll just have to wait and see. I’ve only so far seen videos of Katy, JET, Jordan and an early video of Cy Woods, so would appreciate any links :) 

Woods has gotten new uniforms, bridgeland is looking unexpectedly clean.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, solyxx said:

Now that we are approaching region…

It looks like this will be a battle between fair and bridgeland for first, although it seems fair is winning that matchup as of right now

Yea, as of right now Bridgeland and Cy-Fair are the big baddies of Area I and some of the best bands in Houston. but you never what will happen. 

15 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I wonder if cy - woods will manage to sneak their way up into the top 3?

I've been following Cy-Woods pretty closely this year, and I could see a medal at area this year. Their show is a step up in difficulty compared to past years so I expect it to peak later in the season- could be a good explanation as to why they haven't done as well at this year's competitions as they have in the last 2-3 years.

I think the top 2 are locks: namely bridgeland and Cy fair. 3 and 4 could go to Cy Woods and 7L but I don’t think that’s as cut and dry. 5 is a fight between Katy, JET, Jordan, Cinco Ranch, Jersey Village? I haven’t seen them yet. Katy Marching Festival this week could be telling. I could see a couple of the bands fighting for the 5th spot inch up into 4th though. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I think the top 2 are locks: namely bridgeland and Cy fair. 3 and 4 could go to Cy Woods and 7L but I don’t think that’s as cut and dry. 5 is a fight between Katy, JET, Jordan, Cinco Ranch, Jersey Village? I haven’t seen them yet. Katy Marching Festival this week could be telling. I could see a couple of the bands fighting for the 5th spot inch up into 4th though. 

i march at bridgeland and know a few ppl that are in the cinco ranch band and id love to see them make top 5 🫶🫶🫶

4 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

My predictions for area I finals:

1. bridgeland

2. cy fair

3. cy woods

4. seven lakes

5. Jordan

6. tompkins

7. JET

8. cinco ranch

9. katy

10. langham creek

I would say 1-4 could swap around, 5-7 could swap around and 8-10 could too but I think those are pretty solid echelons 

I agree- 1-2 seem relatively set. The Champion will be Bridgeland or Cy-Fair, barring some big changes from 7L or Cy-Woods. From Katy results, it seems that Jordan, Tompkins, and JET are in a dead heat for that potential 5th state spot.

5 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

My predictions for area I finals:

1. bridgeland

2. cy fair

3. cy woods

4. seven lakes

5. Jordan

6. tompkins

7. JET

8. cinco ranch

9. katy

10. langham creek

I would say 1-4 could swap around, 5-7 could swap around and 8-10 could too but I think those are pretty solid echelons 

I could see 10th going to jersey village, Langham Creek, or Cypress Ranch, I feel like JV has slowly moved their way down in finals for the last few years and is now having to fight for their spot in finals. It could even go to one of the other bands on those spots right outside of finals I didn’t name, but if I were to narrow it down I’d say it’d be most likely between those 3.

18 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I could see 10th going to jersey village, Langham Creek, or Cypress Ranch, I feel like JV has slowly moved their way down in finals for the last few years and is now having to fight for their spot in finals. It could even go to one of the other bands on those spots right outside of finals I didn’t name, but if I were to narrow it down I’d say it’d be most likely between those 3.

Cy Ranch beat both Katy and Cinco Ranch at BOA Katy, do you think coming in front of them is likely?

1 hour ago, bluechamp said:

Sorry typo, I meant to say, how likely do you think it is for a school like Cy Ranch to make finals?

Well, Cy ranch isn’t typically one of the cleanest groups in area i but I’d say they have a somewhat decent shot at advancing to finals so it’s somewhat likely. If we’re gonna see some new finalists this year I’m looking at them or LC.

3 hours ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I think it’s actually very likely! Would love to see that happen, I thoroughly enjoyed their show at BOA Conroe. They’re performing it very well and UIL should reward that nicely! 

I agree but, I don’t know if the UIL sheets will reflect BOA results for every band other than the top 4 Bridgeland, Cy Fair, etc. Would be exciting tho.

54 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I tend to just look at the performance captions (not GE) to see how groups would stack up in a UIL setting 

With that being said, I’m gonna share my area i predictions here:

1. Cy-Fair

2. Bridgeland 

3. Cy-Woods

4. Seven lakes

5. Tompkins 

6. Jordan 

7. JET 

8. Katy 

9. Cinco Ranch 

10. JV/LC/Cy-Ranch

55 minutes ago, Sideswiperr said:

With that being said, I’m gonna share my area i predictions here:

1. Cy-Fair

2. Bridgeland 

3. Cy-Woods

4. Seven lakes

5. Tompkins 

6. Jordan 

7. JET 

8. Katy 

9. Cinco Ranch 

10. JV/LC/Cy-Ranch

I could be wrong but I feel like different groups have peaked/are peaking at super different times. that could throw a wrench in all our predictions!