Area E 6A 2023

Jadyn

Elkins are so underrated this year!

I watched their show and it's really nice. The opener, Balled, and closer are all amazing. Especially they're balled, The ambiance of the brass mixed with the woodwind color sounds amazing. Their hits in the opener and balled are also really nice. They have definitely stepped it up this marching season.

28 minutes ago, Ssv.txbands said:

Elkins are so underrated this year!

I watched their show and it's really nice. The opener, Balled, and closer are all amazing. Especially they're balled, The ambiance of the brass mixed with the woodwind color sounds amazing. Their hits in the opener and balled are also really nice. They have definitely stepped it up this marching season.

Is there a link to a video?

3 hours ago, Ssv.txbands said:

Finals

1. Pearland

2. Dickinson

3. Dawson

4. Shadow Creek

5. Clear Brook

6. Elkins

7. SFA

8. Brazoswood

9. Pasadena Memorial

10. Clements

I have to say, I was a little skeptical on elkins, but after looking at their last 2 weeks results super impressive! Beating noticeable bands in the process. They definitely have a chance at finals. I don't know about beating SFA, Brazoswood, Clements, but I could see them sneaking in definitely. Pasadena Memorial did beat Barbers Hill which Elkins didn't, so there's also that. Could they beat Clear Falls or Clear Lake. Just maybe. They could also be the 1st or 2nd out of finals though. I wish there was a video out there to watch though. They are gonna need a very good run, but definitely an impressive year.

1 hour ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

I have to say, I was a little skeptical on elkins, but after looking at their last 2 weeks results super impressive! Beating noticeable bands in the process. They definitely have a chance at finals. I don't know about beating SFA, Brazoswood, Clements, but I could see them sneaking in definitely. Pasadena Memorial did beat Barbers Hill which Elkins didn't, so there's also that. Could they beat Clear Falls or Clear Lake. Just maybe. They could also be the 1st or 2nd out of finals though. I wish there was a video out there to watch though. They are gonna need a very good run, but definitely an impressive year.

Elkins can easily beat Clear Falls and Clear Lake. They both went to the Gulf Coast Marching Contest and placed 5 and 8, kemper did better than both of those bands and got 3rd. Elkins beat Kemper twice at the Alvin Invitational Marching contest, Prelims, and finals and placed 4 whereas Kemper placed 5th. I think that Elkins can cause some major upsets at area this year. 

25 minutes ago, Ssv.txbands said:

Elkins can easily beat Clear Falls and Clear Lake. They both went to the Gulf Coast Marching Contest and placed 5 and 8, kemper did better than both of those bands and got 3rd. Elkins beat Kemper twice at the Alvin Invitational Marching contest, Prelims, and finals and placed 4 whereas Kemper placed 5th.  I think Clements's show is really boring. The drill is messy and the music is plain and doesn't really make me excited, But otherwise, I think that Elkins can cause some major upsets at area this year. 

After just watching the video. I have to say it's visually clean, very interesting musically too. Nice balance and blend. Definitely underrated. They can make it. Definitely an exciting year for this Area it's gonna be amazing 

13 minutes ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

After just watching the video. I have to say it's visually clean, very interesting musically too. Nice balance and blend. Definitely underrated. They can make it. Definitely an exciting year for this Area it's gonna be amazing 

After watching the video where would you put elkins in your area e finals predictions

14 minutes ago, Ssv.txbands said:

After watching the video where would you put elkins in your area e finals predictions

1: Pearland

2: Dawson

3: Dickinson 

4: Clear Brook

5: SFA

6: Brazoswood

7: Clements

8: Shadow Creek

9: Pasadena Memorial 

10: Elkins/Clear Falls

I think Pearland will overcome the performing 1st finals curse. I have no idea how Travis, and Dulles are doing I know Travis is performing 1st in day that must not be fun. Dulles idk. Elkins could definitely be 10th. I just can't be exact, because Clear Falls could of improved, and they are known for improving throughout the season It's gonna be close. Pasadena Memorial is also In that bubble, but is having a phenomenal season, so they have a greater chance of breaking through. I also need to watch Clear Falls. All I've seen is their results 

After doing some research and watching their shows here are my new predictions.

1. Pearland

2. Dickinson

3. Dawson

4. Clear brook

5. Sfa

6. Shadow Creek

7. Brazoswood

8. Pasadena Memorial

9. Elkins

10. Clements

Yall might be wondering why I put Clements so low, I think Elkins are better visually and musically. While watching Clements's video I couldn't help but notice that it was just boring, Mixed with messy drills and boring music. Idk if this is just me but pole dancing in a show doesn't really get me excited. Elkins's hit in their ballad is so much more cool than most of Clements's show.

19 hours ago, Ssv.txbands said:

Yall might be wondering why I put Clements so low, I think Elkins are better visually and musically. While watching Clements's video I couldn't help but notice that it was just boring, Mixed with messy drills and boring music. Idk if this is just me but pole dancing in a show doesn't really get me excited. Elkins's hit in their ballad is so much more cool than most of Clements's show.

Yea no…

My finals predictions:

1. Pearland

2. Dawson

3. Dickinson

4. Clear Brook

5. SFA

6. Shadow Creek

7. Brazoswood

8. Pasadena Memorial

9. Clements

10. Elkins

Truly is a shame to see that only 4 bands from this Area will be advancing on to state. I think Pearland is the clear winner, but if I’m being 100% honest, Dawson, Dickinson, Clear Brook, and SFA are all really close in my opinion and I think any one of them could take any spot. It’s just a matter of who gets the short end of the stick and I really wouldn’t be surprised if placements 2-5 will be a toss up between those 4 bands. As for placements 6-8, I think Shadow Creek, Brazoswood, and Pasadena Memorial are pretty close and anyone could really snag those places, and Clements and Elkins will slide into finals battling for 9 and 10.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, Ssv.txbands said:

After doing some research and watching their shows here are my new predictions.

1. Pearland

2. Dickinson

3. Dawson

4. Clear brook

5. Sfa

6. Shadow Creek

7. Brazoswood

8. Pasadena Memorial

9. Elkins

10. Clements

Ya, I don't fully agree with your statement but I do agree that Elkins and Clements will battle out for 9th and 10th place at finals. I saw both of their shows this past Saturday at Hall Stadium for their full performance. I will say that Elkins looks decent visually but the music is top-level. For Clements their music is decent but their visuals are really good. This year is so unpredictable who knows what will happen.