Area E 6A 2023

Jadyn

1 hour ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

Oh wow.. if that gets clean there is no doubt pasadena memorial is a threat.

I absolutely agreed. My jaw dropped in that opener lol. Pasadena Memorial has been that band to place right out of finals every year for at least the last 3 - 5 years now. I think that stops this year.

1 hour ago, LivLikLarry said:

Here is the draw order for 6A Area E. It shows that the draw order was created 9/17/23 and that both Dawson and Pearland are still in Area E.

The URL to find this is https://uilregion13.com/draw-order-1

6A order 23.pdf 415.06 kB · 6 downloads

Hm, I think we need more confirmation this is a big mistake for both Dawson, and Pealand to both miss, especially on how dawson had a whole poster on their competition schedule and the poster was made after the draw

34 minutes ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

Hm, I think we need more confirmation this is a big mistake for both Dawson, and Pealand to both miss, especially on how dawson had a whole poster on their competition schedule and the poster was made after the draw

Not only are they in the draw order, but they are in Region 19, which is part of Area E for 6A.  

https://align.tmea.org/align_2224/index.php

https://align.tmea.org/align_2224/tmeamapssidebar.php?region[]=19

I’m guessing that whoever made that poster used a template from a few years ago (when Region 19 was in Area F)  and didn’t proof it well. 

Full disclosure:  I’m not affiliated with Dawson, or Pearland ISD.

7 hours ago, BandAlumMom said:

Not only are they in the draw order, but they are in Region 19, which is part of Area E for 6A.  

https://align.tmea.org/align_2224/index.php

https://align.tmea.org/align_2224/tmeamapssidebar.php?region[]=19

I’m guessing that whoever made that poster used a template from a few years ago (when Region 19 was in Area F)  and didn’t proof it well. 

Full disclosure:  I’m not affiliated with Dawson, or Pearland ISD.

Yes, that's a very good point, it must of been a small mistake by the maker of the poster.

This will be an unpopular opinion. Honestly watching these groups the past few weeks. Here is my order

1st. Dawson

2nd. Pearland

3rd. Clear Brook

4th. Dickinson 

5th. B-Wood

6th. Austin

7th. Shadow Creek

8th Pasadena Memorial 

9th Clements

10th Clear Falls

First let me say Pearland is fantastic. But there is a lot of dirt in the show still. UIL is all about clean. The could care a little less about show design on the area level. In BOA Pearland will dominate  I can’t wait to see them at grand nats finals if they can get clean they will be in the top 6 for sure. Maybe even medal!!

As of right now Dawson is more clean at the moment.  They achieve the drill well and play fantastic. The music they are asking of the performers is very challenging and they are doing it a great level.

Now at state Pearland will probably be ahead of Dawson because of the variety of captions. That are offered there compared to area.

The 3-5 in my placements This could obviously change. But these groups are fantastic!! I’m really excited to see how this plays out!!  

26 minutes ago, NewWave82 said:

This will be an unpopular opinion. Honestly watching these groups the past few weeks. Here is my order

1st. Dawson

2nd. Pearland

3rd. Clear Brook

4th. Dickinson 

5th. B-Wood

6th. Austin

7th. Shadow Creek

8th Pasadena Memorial 

9th Clements

10th Clear Falls

First let me say Pearland is fantastic. But there is a lot of dirt in the show still. UIL is all about clean. The could care a little less about show design on the area level. In BOA Pearland will dominate  I can’t wait to see them at grand nats finals if they can get clean they will be in the top 6 for sure. Maybe even medal!!

As of right now Dawson is more clean at the moment.  They achieve the drill well and play fantastic. The music they are asking of the performers is very challenging and they are doing it a great level.

Now at state Pearland will probably be ahead of Dawson because of the variety of captions. That are offered there compared to area.

The 3-5 in my placements This could obviously change. But these groups are fantastic!! I’m really excited to see how this plays out!!  

Something else to mention is that Pearland goes on first in Finals, that spot never is favorable.

3 hours ago, Jadyn_flute said:

I’m excited to see how Dickinson, bwood and clear brook play out this weekend at lone star all three of them are really good 

It'll be exciting to see if dickinson will be able to overtake clear brook at this competition. I've heard good things about them, but since they don't really compete in boa competitions it's hard to tell where they will place.