Area E 6A 2023

Jadyn

I was looking at some football game schedules on MaxPreps and Pearland has a game against Shadow Creek on Thursday on 9/21 at Freedom Field. I know AlvinISD has a sports network on youtube where they stream games, so it'll likely be an easy to way to see a high quality recording of both bands. Very excited to see how Pearland looks next week. Shadow Creek too I guess

On 9/10/2023 at 8:45 PM, DifferentialBrassExplosion said:

I was looking at some football game schedules on MaxPreps and Pearland has a game against Shadow Creek on Thursday on 9/21 at Freedom Field. I know AlvinISD has a sports network on youtube where they stream games, so it'll likely be an easy to way to see a high quality recording of both bands. Very excited to see how Pearland looks next week. Shadow Creek too I guess

The video is out now!!

14 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Pearland has a classic Cartwright show, they’ll be just fine and I don’t see them not winning Area E. I was quite impressed with Shadow Creek and currently have them above some previous state attendees from this area (based on videos I’ve seen). Will be an exciting season! 

Yes I believe we could see Shadow creek shoot up in placement this year

On 9/22/2023 at 7:58 AM, ChristopherRoden said:

Pearland has a classic Cartwright show, they’ll be just fine and I don’t see them not winning Area E. I was quite impressed with Shadow Creek and currently have them above some previous state attendees from this area (based on videos I’ve seen). Will be an exciting season! 

Which previous state attendees from this area?

2 hours ago, DifferentialBrassExplosion said:

After seeing some new videos

1. Pearland

2.Dawson

3/4.Shadow Creek/Clear Brook

5/6. Dickinson/SFA

7. Clements

8. Brazoswood

9/10. Clear Falls/Clear Lake

I would put Brazoswood on that 5/6 or maybe even that 3/4 spot because I saw them yesterday at a competition and they Sound amazing just being this early into the season and they also took 1st place beating Clements. And they also almost have their entire show they just need their closer. This year looks promising to them!!

7 hours ago, polargn said:

After the contest yesterday.

1. Pearland

2. SFA

3.Dickinson

4.Dawson

5.Clear Book/Shadow Creek/Clements

6.Clear Book/Shadow Creek/Clements

7.Clear Book/Shadow Creek/Clements

8.clear falls

9.brazowood

10. clear lake

Interesting..... Brazoswood scored higher than Clements ( who I thought looked great and have a very cool show), So I might put Blood in the 4-5 range. I would place SFA a bit lower based on an earlier video I saw ( but I know they have a long history of excellence). I can't find a video of Dawson, and they are hard to predict. Clear Brook looks and sounds great, and I can't wait to see Shadow Creek who seems to be on the rise. I think Dickinson will be 2nd because they sound great. Pearland is a solid win for the area. 

6 hours ago, vacon3` said:

Interesting..... Brazoswood scored higher than Clements ( who I thought looked great and have a very cool show), So I might put Blood in the 4-5 range. I would place SFA a bit lower based on an earlier video I saw ( but I know they have a long history of excellence). I can't find a video of Dawson, and they are hard to predict. Clear Brook looks and sounds great, and I can't wait to see Shadow Creek who seems to be on the rise. I think Dickinson will be 2nd because they sound great. Pearland is a solid win for the area. 

Shadow creek is definitely on the rise I’m excited for them!!! Clear Brook

does sound great I can agree.Dickinson sounds great also!! Pearland is definitely going to take the win this year of course and Brazoswood sounds good once they clean up more they will sound better. I saw a video of dawson and they are sounding good but they usually peak at the end of the season so we will have to wait and see what happens.

On 9/25/2023 at 1:33 AM, vacon3` said:

Clements won individual music and GE but what killed them was individual visuals.