2023 BOA McAllen (Sept. 30)

LeanderMomma

On 9/4/2023 at 3:05 PM, Anonymous2677 said:

I just saw a video from del rio, i’m gonna be completely honest, i personally feel they have 1st place right now. they are playing some really hard repertoire.

would not be surprised in the slightest. they've consistently had a gorgeous ensemble sound

After seeing some online performances, there are some pretty strong contenders this year for the top spot IMO:

Roma, Del Rio, Pioneer, and JBA

Their shows seem to check off all the boxes well: Content & design, ensemble sound, guard work and of course the all mighty GE.

Lots of bands seem like they are in much better positions for this time of year than in the recent past, which is going to create a wonderful show for both 6A and 5A Area. 

Early finalist predictions:

Roma, Del Rio, Pioneer, JBA, Pieper, Hidalgo, Edinburg, United, PSJA, PSJA SW, Weslaco, Pace (bubble) Vela, Ed North, RGC

38 minutes ago, riverdrums said:

After seeing some online performances, there are some pretty strong contenders this year for the top spot IMO:

Roma, Del Rio, Pioneer, and JBA

Their shows seem to check off all the boxes well: Content & design, ensemble sound, guard work and of course the all mighty GE.

Lots of bands seem like they are in much better positions for this time of year than in the recent past, which is going to create a wonderful show for both 6A and 5A Area. 

Early finalist predictions:

Roma, Del Rio, Pioneer, JBA, Pieper, Hidalgo, Edinburg, United, PSJA, PSJA SW, Weslaco, Pace (bubble) Vela, Ed North, RGC

Has Pace recovered? They didn’t do so well here last year. 

A video was circulating but it has been taken down. 

I’ve done the same thing just watch games halftime shows. Sometimes the audio quality isn’t that good because people are talking over the band performance. I’ve seen almost everyone from Laredo(native). I’ve seen some valley bands which have been great performances. I haven’t seen Roma and I’m always looking forward to seeing them. If anyone has a video please share it here. Please and thank you.