Area F 2018

Congrats to all finalists and state advancers!! Even if you didn’t get the placements you wanted, take pride in knowing that you played and matched your heart out and this experience will only make you stronger.

Congrats to Oak Ridge for making their first state appearance!! Just 2 years ago was their first time appearing in area finals. They have certainly come a long way.

How was Spring hs? I know there not going to state but its good to still see them in area finals.

My opinion from their finals run is that 5th was about right. Tomball Memorial and Spring were close in my mind, and apparently the judges minds. Both had great and enjoyable programs that were just a little short of the top 4. Spring looks to be getting better and better even though they didn't make state this time. Oak Ridge and College Park just have exceptionally strong programs this year that Spring couldn't match which propelled those 2 over Spring and into the State contest.

My opinion from their finals run is that 5th was about right. Tomball Memorial and Spring were close in my mind, and apparently the judges minds. Both had great and enjoyable programs that were just a little short of the top 4. Spring looks to be getting better and better even though they didn't make state this time. Oak Ridge and College Park just have exceptionally strong programs this year that Spring couldn't match which propelled those 2 over Spring and into the State contest.

I was surprised to see College Park get bumped down to 4th, I thought it was going to be a Conroe ISD sweep but still amazing themes and shows all around. I also have to give credit to Kingwood what an amazing military band!

Is Spring looking better than 16? I remember everyone talking about how they were placed WAY too high that year. Id love to see them back on top again.

I was surprised to see College Park get bumped down to 4th, I thought it was going to be a Conroe ISD sweep but still amazing themes and shows all around. I also have to give credit to Kingwood what an amazing military band!

North Shore had a clean finals run (although I think they need to do more with 1812 overture at the end - to me it falls a little flat), and I thought College Park was a little rough visually compared to other runs I've seen (they also had mic issues that impacted their music a little). I say those based upon how strong CP's program is - the roughness was noticeable because they've set such a high bar this year.

North Shore had a clean finals run (although I think they need to do more with 1812 overture at the end - to me it falls a little flat), and I thought College Park was a little rough visually compared to other runs I've seen (they also had mic issues that impacted their music a little). I say those based upon how strong CP's program is - the roughness was noticeable because they've set such a high bar this year.

Yea I did not see CP finals because we were in warmup for TMHS. I know when they came to the staging area their director got on to them for being complacent too soon. I still very much enjoyed their props and visual presentations and imagine they will do pretty well at state.

Yea I did not see CP finals because we were in warmup for TMHS. I know when they came to the staging area their director got on to them for being complacent too soon. I still very much enjoyed their props and visual presentations and imagine they will do pretty well at state.

They will do very well at state. The goal was to make it to state, since once there the Area result makes no difference (hence we go on first at 8:30 Monday morning). On this board most of the commenters are undervaluing the Houston area bands, as they don't get to see them (and last year was a down year due to the hurricane). In my opinion Oak Ridge, College Park, and The Woodlands will make an impact at San Antonio this coming weekend.

I'm happy for our kids, as this is the first time in the 4 years my band member has been here that they finished first at any contest. Previous best was 2nd at San Antonio Super Regional in 2016.

I will have to say I was shocked to hear some of the comments from a Woodlands band Member who called Tomball Memorial “a broke trash band”, and while I don’t know if their director will handle it but there was no need for that kind of disrespect towards anyone’s performance. I know that does not reflect their program and I met many great band kids from that program, however hearing that being said to other band kids was extremely hurtful and I feel very upset for the TMHS, Spring, and Kingwood bands who were made fun of.

I will have to say I was shocked to hear some of the comments from a Woodlands band Member who called Tomball Memorial “a broke trash band”, and while I don’t know if their director will handle it but there was no need for that kind of disrespect towards anyone’s performance. I know that does not reflect their program and I met many great band kids from that program, however hearing that being said to other band kids was extremely hurtful and I feel very upset for the TMHS, Spring, and Kingwood bands who were made fun of.

I’m extremely disappointed that one of our kids would have said that- and I know our directors would say the same. Please accept when I say that that sentiment is NOT what our band and parents think of your school and the other schools Saturday night. I really enjoyed your show and all the other ones I was able to see and can’t wait to see the programs in our area continue to progress in the coming years.

I’m extremely disappointed that one of our kids would have said that- and I know our directors would say the same. Please accept when I say that that sentiment is NOT what our band and parents think of your school and the other schools Saturday night. I really enjoyed your show and all the other ones I was able to see and can’t wait to see the programs in our area continue to progress in the coming years.

Thank you both, I have loved following and watching The Woodlands for many years now and I personally know a few kids in the band and know that it is an amazing organization, there’s always a couple bad apples in the bunch right? We are so fortunate we have you guys in our area to push us and make us work ten times as hard because what your band achieves is what our band desires! Unfortunately I only saw your show once and it was from the back but even still I got goosebumps and was constantly amazed by both your musicianship and marching technicalities. While I will be a tech at a different school next year I will still make sure I catch you at at least one contest!