Favorite Bands

LordGiggles

311, 7 Day Weekend, New Found Glory, American Horn Quartet, Androgen, Ardor, Armor For Sleep, Art Blakely and the Jazz Messengers, Audioslave, The Beatles, Ben Folds, Bob Marley, Boys Night Out, Brand New, Charles Mingus, Charlie Parker, The Darkness, Dashboard Confessional, Dave Matthews Band, David Bowie, Dimitri Shostakovich, Dream Theater, The Early November, Elefant, Fall Out Boy, Further Seems Forever, The Get Up Kids, Goldfinger, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business, Incubus, Jaco Pastorius, Jethro Tull, Jimmy Eat World, Joe Satriani, Juliana Theory, Led Zeppelin, Leonard Bernstein, Less Than Jake, The Magictones, The Mars Volta, Matchbook Romance, Maynard Ferguson, Metallica, Midtown, Miles Davis, Minus Vince, Modest Mouse, MXPX, Nirvana, The Offspring, Pat Metheny, Pink Floyd, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reel Big Fish, Relient K, Rush, Samuel Barber, Sanatana, Saves The Day, Senses Fail, Sergei Rachmaninoff, Smashing Pumpkins, Something Corporate, The Starting Line, Story of the Year, Stuart Hamm, The Super Pineapples, Taking Back Sunday, Victor Wooten, Weather Report, Weezer, The Who, Wynton Marsalis... etc.

Yeah, but they are advertised so much by stations such as MTV that people can't help but love them despite how unoriginal and trashy their lyrics are, and the lack of skill they possess in their writing and how their performance comes off. These type of groups are what MTV is all about, media, style, looks, things that shouldn't be first for a band, which is the music. They just advertise and sell trends that are really bad, such as guys wearing make up. That's not how it's done.

My favorite artists: Cake, DJ Tiesto

Favorite Composer: Dvorak(Symphonies 8 and 9), Hans Zimmer, John Williams

These are just artists from my "favorites" on iTunes: 3 Doors Down, ABBA, Aerosmith, Akon, Alanis Morissette, The All-American Rejects, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Antonin Dvorak, Aquagen, Barenaked Ladies, Blink-182, Cake, The Calling, Cavaliers, Christopher O'Riley, Claude Debussy, Clint Mansell, Crazy Town, Creed, Daft Punk, Darude, Dashboard Confessional, DJ Dragostea, DJ Tiesto, Don Davis, Gheorghe Zamfir, Ghetto Boys, Gorillaz, Green Day, Harvey Danger, The Hives, Hooba Stank, Hope 7, Jay Z, John Barry, John Lennon, John Williams, Kaiser Chiefs, Linkin Park, Mad at Gravity, maroon 5, Matchbox 20, Michael Kamen, Mike Curb Congregation, Moby, No Doubt, Norah Jones, O-Zone, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Santana, Savage Garden Semisonic, Sir Colin Davis, Steve Miller Band, Tchaikovsky, Tenacious D, Third Eye Blind, Tina Turner, Train, The Vines, The White Stripes, Yo-Yo Ma

I love John Williams, especially on Star Wars of course. He did an exellent job on Harry Potter too, as well as classics such as Indiana Jones, ET, and Hook. He is by far my favorite composer, and i feel honored just play a piece of music with his name on it. He did a good job with the Episode III Soundtrack, which i am listening to right now. Gotta love Battle of the Heroes.

Well, you gotta give him props for not repeating alot of the same stuff for his 6th movie of the same series. Though they always use the familar tunes like the imperial march, i think for myself personally i'd be dry of the Star Wars type of music. He made some good music for Grievous, and portraying all of Anakin's conflicts and battles (emotionally and physicially)

heres a list of the bands i could think of:

AAF

Audioslave

Bloodhound Gang

Breaking Benjamin

Cake

Cold

Coldplay

Death Cab for Cutie

Drowning Pool

Fall Out Boy

Flaming Tsunamis

Foo Fighters

Gorillaz

Green Day

Hawthorne Heights

Incubus

Korn

Linkin Park

Mindless Self Indulgence

Mudvayne

Mushroom Head

Presidents of the United States of America

Seether

Slipknot

Straylight Run

Switchfoot

System Of A Down

Taking Back Sunday

Tenacious D

Weezer

I like lots of bands, but my favorite band is Shinedown. Other good ones are Flaw, Element Eighty, Unwritten Law, Hawthorne Heights, etc.

Yeah Shinedown rocks but i have more favs.

Green Day

Blink182

Hootie and the Blowfish

OAR

and many more (those r the top on the list)

Might as well...

Ambulance LTD

Barenaked Ladies

Beck

Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins lead singer, his solo cd TheFutureEmbrace is awesome)

The Bravery

Coldplay

Dream Theatre

The Flaming Lips

Franz Ferdinand

Jonny Greenwood (of Radiohead, his soundtrack to Bodysong is incredible)

Kasabian

Keane

The Killers

Led Zepplin

The Mars Volta

Muse (if you've never heard Absolution, listen to it immediately. This CD is amazing.)

Nothing More (local SA band, drummer was on the Reagan Drumline...expect great things from these guys)

Oasis

Pearl Jam

Pink Floyd

Radiohead

The Rapture

Razorlight

Spoon

Wilco

...and about 1/2 of these bands are playing at Austin City Limits Festival this year. I'll be there...