Lone Star Preview 2015 Predictions??

I know it is extremely early still and this isn't a relatively big competition compared to the BOA regionals, but who would your finalist bands at lone star preview be if you had to pick today? The bands performing there are listed below.

Central LaFource

Hastings

Lafayette

Taylor

Clements

Kempner

Mayde Creek

Tomball

Dekaney

Klein

Richland

Tompkins

Dulles

Klein Collins

Seven Lakes

Travis

Foster

KleinForest

Splendora

Westfield

Friendswood

Klein Oak

Stephen F. Austin

Willis

Central LaFource

I think they meant to put Central LaFourche.  They're a Louisiana school of about 1,300 students just outside of New Orleans.  Lone Star will have 2 LA schools competing, Central LaFourche and Lafayette.  Not unusual to see at a smaller contest near the state lines, but very cool to see at one of the larger non-BOA contests here in the city.

Friendswood, Richland, and SFA are the only realistic contenders for 1st and all captions. Last year at BOASA Richland and Friendswood were 16th and 17th, respectively. Other than that I don't know about the rest of the band.

I really think Clements and Seven Lakes have a shot too. While I haven't seen Seven Lakes perform just yet - I'm watching them this Thursday - I believe the Clements band has a really good chance at taking the music caption. They sound phenomenal this early in the season. It just seems like year in and year out they are competitive. The same could be said about Seven Lakes. Nevertheless, I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Friendswood, Richland, and SFA are the only realistic contenders for 1st and all captions. Last year at BOASA Richland and Friendswood were 16th and 17th, respectively. Other than that I don't know about the rest of the band.

I agree Richland and Friendswood were just at the cusp of making finals at BOASA. This will be a good measure for the Richland band that is trying to get back to its form after two tough seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that taylor has a really good shot to place high. they did very well at BOA

I believe you are referring to the 13th place at Conroe for James E. Taylor. I was actually at that event! I was expecting them to make finals this year given that this year's crop at Conroe was not as competitive as I thought it would be. Schools like Cy Fair and Morton Ranch seem to be geared more towards UIL competitions than BOA. But I do agree, Taylor is in a pretty good position this year compared to last year. 

I find it odd that no Conroe ISD band is performing in Lonestar Preview. I understand that The Woodlands only hosts and exhibits in it, but considering that TWCP and Oak Ridge also share Woodforest as their home Stadium, you'd think they'd perform with the competition being so local to them.

Odds are that at least one of them has a football game.........

Recent videos of who I consider the top contenders:

Clements:

Richland:

Stephen F. Austin:

I can't find any new videos of Seven Lakes. I'm impressed by how clean Clements is individually. Richland and Stephen F. Austin didn't wow me, everything seemed a but individualistic(people sticking out on difficult parts). I like Richland's Rubik's Cube theme(I think it's a Rubik's Cube?). Stephen F. Austin packs a punch for being so small. I would also like to note that I feel like these are not the best the shows have been executed. It looks like Clements and Richland's performances were exhibition or showcases, and Stephen F. Austin's looks like it's at an early prelims. Maybe, idk. Good competition for sure.

That's the wrong Stephen F Austin HS