Crazies spot you have seen a judge get stuck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... unfortunately, our band seems limited to merely local competition due to our newness right now. So we lack that sort of excitement... and also have a rather tense atmosphere at times for fear of being the next victim of one Mr. C.'s random verbal explosions (he doesn't curse, he just tends to insult the player more or less... or threatens to throw the person off the part. The thing about it is that it just seems so random... and uncontrollable).

QUOTE (manuel_pablo @ Nov 30 2005, 10:06 PM)
In BOA, there is a percussion judge following the drumline almost the entire time.

At BOA, the two judges that you see on the field are judging, 'Music Performance-Individual' & 'Visual Performance-Individual.'

Sometimes, the MPI judge will follow the drumline and look at the pit since it is part of the sheet. The MPI subcaption is broken down into three sections, Percussion being one of them...

Brass - 75

Woodwinds - 75

Percussion - 50

TOTAL = 200 (or 20.00 points)

• 3 weeks later...

my freshman year we were all in this big block that pulled forward into a diamond and first the judge was caught in the that but that wasn't too bad because all he did was follow us so he wouldn't get creamed but then we had this big for lack of a better term "docie-do" (if that's how you spell it prolly not) move where there was a group of 4 people in the diamond and we all switched places and the judge was still caught. it was pretty funny watching the tape of him trying to get out.

I wish we did BOA but I dont think were competetive enough yet.

our directors don't like boa. at least that's the impression i've gotten. i actually had no idea so many people did it, until this year i'd never heard of it, and until about 3 weeks ago the only band i knew who did it was l.d.bell. *shrug* would we even be allowed in? but this is off topic.

i wonder how judges (if we ever had on field judges) would manage seeing all of us? twould be impossible, i think.

• 2 weeks later...
i wonder how judges (if we ever had on field judges) would manage seeing all of us? twould be impossible, i think.

well see..there not all visual judges...theres

(and correct me somene..cause i know there might be more)

-percussion music judge..

-individual marching judge..

-..umm form judge?>>

iono..i just know..not all are visual..and when they are..they just look at marching and parts of the form...the judging of the whole form would be done by a visual judge in the press box

well see..there not all visual judges...theres

(and correct me somene..cause i know there might be more)

-percussion music judge..

-individual marching judge..

-..umm form judge?>>

iono..i just know..not all are visual..and when they are..they just look at marching and parts of the form...the judging of the whole form would be done by a visual judge in the press box

I'm pretty sure BOA has 2 or 3 marching individual judges, and 1 visual ensemble judge