BOA Honor Band/Orchestra 2006

I have no idea...isn't the deadline coming up? I'm still waiting on the packet as well.

We should meet up once we're there, do a TxBands meet!

Edit: from the email:

All of the information you will need for participation will be sent in a separate packet. Please read it carefully, as there are important documents, which need your immediate attention.  The first responsibility will be to accept this invitation by making your first payment of $150.00 by November 11, 2005.
Seems like the packets should be coming in this week, hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

BOA stands for Bands of America, and BOA is the premier marching circuit for corps-style bands. In my opinion, it is the BEST marching circuit, and only features the best of the best (perhaps I am biased, since I've never been associated with USSBA, or any other marching circuit besides UIL and BOA, but I still think BOA is the best). Of course, BOA is not just about marching contests; it tends to have more compeitions for marching bands, but they also have concert band programs as well. There are about 12 regional competitions for marching(about 30 bands compete in these), and 3 super-regional competitions (about 60 bands compete in these), in addition to a Grand Nationals competition (90 bands from all across the nation participate). BOA also has a Concert Band Festival, a Summer Symposium (for orchestra, concert band, jazz band, marching band, color guard, percussion, and special drum major training). BOA also has an honor band (and orchestra), and last year the BOA Honor Band marched in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California. BOA started out as MBA, Marching Bands of America, in 1975, and was initially spawned by a marching band supply company. Later in the 1980's, BOA split off to devote itself ENTIRELY to competition, and officially became a not-for-profit corporation later that decade. BOA commits itself to promoting "positively life-changing experiences" for students participating in their events. This is BOA in a nutshell, and if you want to learn more, you can go to their official website, www.bands.org. Hope this helped! :D

- mm