UIL Area predictions

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that the primary panel listed will take Finals while the newly hired panel will handle Prelims.

I was going to say the same thing. It would certainly make more sense for the original judges hired to take the "bigger" role.

Side note on that Area G schedule: WOW! That's crazy and yet a-mazing at the same time. A special "best wishes and good luck" to those bands competing that looooooong day. Good luck to all bands who have advanced to area and those who will be at region today and advancing to area. This is where the fun begins!

Edited by TXMarchingMadness87654

Region 18 was great. Westlake is incredibly good this year. And Bowie. Wow. Indedible-- I am thinking they will medal at state. If they can get all of the show to sound like there first movement they could be state champ and maybe even Grand Nationals champion. Their is some clarity issues but this music is hard. Their drill is also hard and it resulted in some stuggles. I cannot say who will win area- both are amazing and both have a good show and unique challenges.

Edited by T.Stechnij

Woof. I'm going out on a limb and calling it:

1. Bowie

2. Johnson

3. Westlake

4. Round Rock

5. Anderson

6. Reagan

Cedar Ridge/Churchill/Hendrickson/Lake Travis rounding out finals. Akins/McNeil/New Braunfels/Pflugerville/Westwood as spoilers. Or anyone else really. Gah that area is deep.

Woof. I'm going out on a limb and calling it:

1. Bowie

2. Johnson

3. Westlake

4. Round Rock

5. Anderson

6. Reagan

Cedar Ridge/Churchill/Hendrickson/Lake Travis rounding out finals. Akins/McNeil/New Braunfels/Pflugerville/Westwood as spoilers. Or anyone else really. Gah that area is deep.

I honestly think that trying to make predictions for this area at all is going out on a limb. I can already tell this has the makings to be one of the best area contests in years. Sure, Bowie getting first is pretty likely, but I really don't think that anything is certain at this point. UIL scoring system, different panels from prelims to finals, not to mention so many bands doing alot better than they have been. Musically this must be a nightmare for the judges! You've got Bowie who probably sounds nails as usual, CTJ with their CTJ brass, Round Rock who keeps giving me goosebumps left and right, Cedar Ridge who came out running from literally nowhere, Ronald Reagan who actually outscored The Woodlands in music ensemble at Conroe...this will probably be more exciting than many state contests have been! Nobody is completely safe at this one and there are great bands who could give anyone a run for their money at state that won't make it out of this area contest.

My list didn't copy/paste well. Let's try that again . . .

Region 8 bands:

A&M Consolidated

Belton

Bryan

Copperas Cove

Ellison High

Harker Heights

Killeen

Midway

Shoemaker

Temple

Region 12 bands:

C.T. Johnson

Canyon

East Central

Judson

Lee

MacArthur

Madison

New Braunfels

Ronald Reagan

Roosevelt

Smithson Valley

Steele

Wagner

Winston Churchill

Region 18 bands:

Akins

Anderson

Austin

Bowie

Del Valle

Hendrickson

Pflugerville

San Marcos

Westlake

Region 26 bands:

Cedar Ridge

Lake Travis

McNeil

Round Rock

Stony Point High

Westwood

When will we get to make predictions on this? I guess I'll just do it here. I haven't seen any of the San Antonio schools so I'm only guessing their placements based on previous seasons.

1. Bowie

2. CTJ

3. Round Rock

4. Ronald Regan

5. Anderson

6. Westlake

7. Cedar Ridge

8. Winston Churchill

9. Hendrickson

10. Pflugerville

Wow. I can't predict what is going to happen. The more and more I think about Bowie the more I am starting to doubt they will get first. I am having so much troubles putting Lake Travis, Ronald Reagan and Round Rock in the mix. They all seem solid but one of them can miss.

I would love to be a spectator of Area D. Competing in it is a whole different story.

Wow. I can't predict what is going to happen. The more and more I think about Bowie the more I am starting to doubt they will get first. I am having so much troubles putting Lake Travis, Ronald Reagan and Round Rock in the mix. They all seem solid but one of them can miss.

I would love to be a spectator of Area D. Competing in it is a whole different story.

Are F has 35 bands competing at Area, so 7 bands will advance. Im predicting Woodlands, College Park, Pearland, Westfield, Brazoswood, Spring, and.......? not sure who will make 7

Are F has 35 bands competing at Area, so 7 bands will advance. Im predicting Woodlands, College Park, Pearland, Westfield, Brazoswood, Spring, and.......? not sure who will make 7

Probably Clear Brook? 7 from Area F? 5 from Area B? Has that happened before?

You know what? Area D is harder than St Louis Super Regional.

I want to say Clear Brook, but North Shore might have something to say about that. Oak Ridge just isn't clean enough, and unless Dickinson has some surprises this year (haven't caught them yet) I don't think they will make the cut.

Clear Brook will probably be number 7.

On UIL Forms it says AAAAA.

When I first saw someone said CTJ was now 4A I was shocked and dismayed because I have really enjoyed their band since their 2010 show and am/was looking forward to seeing them at Area D. I was relieved to see another say it was a mistake, but I don't see them listed with the other bands that are not Region 18 bands on the AreaD 5A schedule. Maybe my eyes have deceived me. Can someone clarify.

http://www.uilmusicregion18.com/pdfs/2012_...Preliminary.pdf

When I first saw someone said CTJ was now 4A I was shocked and dismayed because I have really enjoyed their band since their 2010 show and am/was looking forward to seeing them at Area D. I was relieved to see another say it was a mistake, but I don't see them listed with the other bands that are not Region 18 bands on the AreaD 5A schedule. Maybe my eyes have deceived me. Can someone clarify.

http://www.uilmusicregion18.com/pdfs/2012_...Preliminary.pdf

CTJ is also known as the Lady Bird Johnson HS. They are scheduled to play at 5:30 pm