2012 Friendswood Marching Contest Results

One reason why Clements was low was because they were one of the only bands who actually did their closer while many bands who placed in the top 5 did not.

Man, if that's true, then that's not very fair :o

It's cool to see Cy-Fair come out on top against a good group of bands, I wonder if they'll be able to squeeze into the finals at Conroe.

One reason why Clements was low was because they were one of the only bands who actually did their closer while many bands who placed in the top 5 did not.

We experienced this last year at a contest in Oklahoma on September 24th 2011 (Pretty early). It seems like there are two approaches to learning a show early season.

A) Get it all out there pretty quick and just clean it over the rest of the season.

b ) Learn it and clean it as you go, slowly.

We put the whole show out there, and were pretty dirty for a couple weeks and got 8th out of 11th against a bunch of bands that had about half of their shows done but a lot cleaner. The band that won was also in our area, they got 1st by about 7 points versus our 8th place finish. BUT, come Area finals in late October, we passed them up for 5th place versus their 10th place.

Basically, I wouldn't put much faith into scores until about the second week of October.

Cy-Fair is known to be a band of surprises. I think they placed in the Top 5 at SHSU not too long ago with some pretty good bands placing right around them.

Awesome seeing Klein Oak place as high as they did.....though surprising to see Clements place that low.

I was impressed by Cy-Fair and Clear Brook, and I liked Dickinson's rendition of 1812 overture. I liked Dawson's show, but it seemed kind of unclear, which is unusual for them.

Dawson, cool show!

Music Education is such a small world. The announcer introduces the drum major and I'm like "Oh, I recognize that last name....I know his older brother".

I actually see/hear stuff like that a lot.....it always makes me smile every time.