UIL Region 18 - 5A Partial Results

I was only there for the first block, if anyone else wants to fill in for the rest of the evening go, for it.

Westwood - 1

Westlake - 1

Cedar Park - 1

Crockett - 2

Georgetown - 1

James Bowie - 1

-------These are unofficial secondhand info. If anyone wants to chime in with correct scores, please do!

Leander - 1

Round Rock - 1

McNeil - 1

Bastrop - 2

Pflugerville - 2

Hays - ??

Anderson - ??

Akins - ??

Austin High - ??

San Marcos - ??

Seems like after a VERY stacked first block, it was probably quite difficult to get a 1 in the later blocks. Please reply if you have more results!

Here's the whole list:

Westwood- 1

Westlake- 1

Cedar Park- 1

Crockett- 2

Georgetown- 1

Bowie- 1

San Marcos- 2

Leander- 1

Round Rock- 1

Akins-1

Bastrop- 2

Pflugerville- 2

Stony Point- 1

Hays- 1

Austin- 1

Anderson- 1

McNeil- 2

Every band had some really nice elements in their shows. I enjoyed all the performances, especially Bowie and Westlake- WOW!

Westwood 1-1-1 1

Westlake 1-1-1 1

Cedar Park 1-1-2 1

Crockett 1-2-3 2

Georgetown 1-1-1 1

Bowie 1-1-1 1

San Marcos 2-1-2 2

Leander 1-1-1 1

Round Rock 1-1-1 1

Akins 2-1-1 1

Bastrop 2-2-2 2

Pflugerville 2-2-2 2

Stony Point 1-2-1 1

Hays 1-1-1 1

Austin 3-1-1 1

Anderson 3-1-1 1

McNeil 2-2-1 2

Sweepstakes ****!

You know, reputation does not guarantee constant success... All it guarantees is arrogance! Look at Leander, Grand National band to 7th at Westlake? (no offence... I have friends at Leander so don't get me wrong! :) ) Bands have their up and down periods naturally. It's a cycle.

I heard a rumor that one of the Cedar Park directors (the marching director I beleive) was gone due to his wife having a baby.

You gotta give them a little credit for being out of it... they probably feel lost right now. If anything, it should be intrepreted as a humbling gesture. I wouldn't be suprised if this doesn't kick CP in the butt and get them jump started for BOA San Antonio.

(I think we all know that feeling of being lost :D )

ya know...not everyone is perfect. It's one little 2. Plus, look at what they have won at state contests so far...how many times has georgetown medaled at state in the last 4-5 years? Plus they are one of the youngest schools in TX to win state(or one of them) so what if it was when they were 4A...they still have gold medals!

Chill, just having a little fun, cedar park is like or band rival, so it's my right to tease. but yeah, you're right about the state thing. but we've dramaticaly improved the last 2 seasons, this is our first BOA event this weekend, and we're just trying to get our name thrown out there.

>>>>>>Yeah, that was pretty neat. I was hoping that Leander would get straight ones because you know, Westlake.. And yeah, lets not talk about that.

I dont know what you are talking about?

What I meant was that... They didn't really get their usual higher rating. I didn't want to shove it in his face by saying it. :-\

You know, reputation does not guarantee constant success... All it guarantees is arrogance! Look at Leander, Grand National band to 7th at Westlake? (no offence... I have friends at Leander so don't get me wrong!  :) )  Bands have their up and down periods naturally. It's a cycle.

I heard a rumor that one of the Cedar Park directors (the marching director I beleive) was gone due to his wife having a baby.

You gotta give them a little credit for being out of it... they probably feel lost right now. If anything, it should be intrepreted as a humbling gesture. I wouldn't be suprised if this doesn't kick CP in the butt and get them jump started for BOA San Antonio.

(I think we all know that feeling of being lost :D )

Look at Leander, Grand National band to 7th at Westlake?

It was 8th... <_<

no offence

none taken.

rumors are going around about that too...

Everyone is going to have their off days. Cedar Park's was just at UIL. It's not that big of a deal if they'd gotten straight one's or three's what's important is that you go out and perform no matter what the rating. Who cares about trophies and placements it's about the performance and how well it went for you and rest of the band. So what? Cedar Park got ONE 2. Who cares?? In the end they averaged out to be a one so what's the big deal? Like I said everyone is going to have days that no one is focused and everything craters so why does Cedar Park get picked out immediately as soon as ya'll saw they got a two? Not trying to be mean or anything but I think there's a bigger picture here that's being missed by some.

And congrats to everyone who was at UIL!!! :D

Well obviously you would pick them out for getting a 2 because it isn't expected. You would expect a band like Cedar Park to get all 1's at UIL. But i understand what you mean about having bad days or not focused days. I mean if somebody like Stony Point or Mcneil got straight 2's or 3's nobody would really mention it, so in a way, it's almost like a compliment to cedar park.

Well obviously you would pick them out for getting a 2 because it isn't expected. You would expect a band like Cedar Park to get all 1's at UIL. But i understand what you mean about having bad days or not focused days. I mean if somebody like Stony Point or Mcneil got straight 2's or 3's nobody would really mention it, so in a way, it's almost like a compliment to cedar park.

Heh, I never looked at it like that, but I get really annoyed of some of our band members/rank leaders, who shove it in their faces on how we got straight ones and they didn't.

Aah, sometimes I would just love to wack them on the side of the head with my clarinet.