Indiana State Finals

While I know several people in Texas don't particularly care, for those interested, these are the results from last nights state finals. Bands competing at BOA Grand Nationals this year are in bold.

Class A

1) Homestead

2) Avon

3) Carmel

4) Ben Davis

5) Center Grove

6) Lawrence Central

7) Penn

8) Lake Central (6 point penalty due to timing judge error. Would have placed 4th otherwise)

9) Castle

10) Franklin Central

Class B

1) Concord

2) Greenwood

3) Jasper

4) Northview

5) Goshen

6) Floyd Central

7) Plainfield

8) DeKalb

9) North Side

10) Munster

Class C

1) Western

2) Beech Grove

3) Norwell

4) Concordia Lutheran

5) Edgewood

6) North Harrison

7) Heritage Hills

8) Gibson Southern

9) Fairfield

10) Leo

Class D

1) Lewis Cass

2) Forest Park

3) Paoli

4) Springs Valley

5) Woodlan

6) Eastern (Greentown)

7) Mater Dei

8) North Posey

9) Monrovia

10) Bluffton

Edited by IMcom-Josh

Get these heathen Indiana results off our Texas forums!1!1!!!

Hahaha... It should be interesting to see how nationals plays out. I'm excited to see how far Avon and Carmel have come from those early season videos. Those two will probably be some stiff competition, along with Ben Davis and Lawrence Central. Even though all of the perennial Texas finalists won't be there this year, I think the bands from Texas that are going should do reasonably well.

Especially interesting when you notice that Avon was beat by Homestead multiple times this year.

Has it really happened a lot? I know that Hawaii was superior to Alaska at semistate, but I wasn't aware that it has happened more than that. To be fair, this year is not the strongest Avon show I've seen, but it's also not the strongest nationals lineup I've seen. I figure that when I watch national finals on the webcast, I'll still be reasonably impressed by Avon. Of course, what I really want is for all 3 Texas bands to make finals, at least 2 to place in the upper half of finals, and for one of them to place in the top 3. Is that asking too much? Heh... I'm pretty greedy...

Has it really happened a lot? I know that Hawaii was superior to Alaska at semistate, but I wasn't aware that it has happened more than that. To be fair, this year is not the strongest Avon show I've seen, but it's also not the strongest nationals lineup I've seen. I figure that when I watch national finals on the webcast, I'll still be reasonably impressed by Avon. Of course, what I really want is for all 3 Texas bands to make finals, at least 2 to place in the upper half of finals, and for one of them to place in the top 3. Is that asking too much? Heh... I'm pretty greedy...

I think all of your predictions there are pretty likely! Nothing greedy about it!

Wow, congrats to Homestead. Avon is tough competition. Course, I'd still predict Avon for top at GN. If it happens, it'll be kind of like 07, when Bell won G-nats without claiming either Arlington or San Antonio

I still wish that Marcus would have gone to GN that year just to see what would have happened.

Especially interesting when you notice that Avon was beat by Homestead multiple times this year.

Just curious when was Avon beaten by Homestead multiple times this year? They have only competed against one another once and that was this past Sat. at the state finals. Homestead has a great show this year and deserved to win, they are what marching band is all about great music and marching.

Get these heathen Indiana results off our Texas forums!1!1!!!

Hahaha... It should be interesting to see how nationals plays out. I'm excited to see how far Avon and Carmel have come from those early season videos. Those two will probably be some stiff competition, along with Ben Davis and Lawrence Central. Even though all of the perennial Texas finalists won't be there this year, I think the bands from Texas that are going should do reasonably well.

Maybe they should start a forum....... INbands.com!

Just curious when was Avon beaten by Homestead multiple times this year? They have only competed against one another once and that was this past Sat. at the state finals. Homestead has a great show this year and deserved to win, they are what marching band is all about great music and marching.

I was under the impression that Homestead and Avon attended an earlier ISSMA contest together. I was told that by someone in Indiana, but I could be mistaken.

They also met up at Semi-State.

They also met up at Semi-State.

Yup this is true the week before the state finals, but results are not shared with the public and only the top 10 bands in each class are announced. Avon and Homestead did not compete against each other at any weekly competition and usually do not meet until the state finals. This past Sat. was the first time I have saw Homestead this year and I was truly impressed. It's too bad that Homestead does not compete at BOA competitions, they may not have the "show" or "flash" that many BOA bands exhibit, but as I mentioned in my previous post they are great musicians and marchers. Gotta give 'em props for beating Avon that's no easy feat.

Edited by Indianamarchingfan

Multiple times would imply more than once which is true. And while semi state results are officially "unknown" due to some archaic ISSMA rules, but yes, Hawaii did beat Alaska ;) Also, I too refer to Duncanville to Homestead and vice versa often. Both programs are great and don't do BOA. Plus, both seem to finally be progressing their programs to the more modern style that we are used too. I'm hoping (along with much of the rest of the state) that since the BOA Indy regional will be before the Indiana state finals that Homestead will FINALLY test the waters as it were and start to do BOA again. Their first show since 94.

In any case, even though TX will only be sending three groups, they are some good groups and while I only have one locked for finals, I wouldn't be surprised to see the other two in finals either. With a great performance of course. ;)

In any case, even though TX will only be sending three groups, they are some good groups and while I only have one locked for finals, I wouldn't be surprised to see the other two in finals either. With a great performance of course. ;)

I don't know if I view CTJ or Spring as locks, either. They're more like very strong possibilities. Then again, I think I posted on the BOA forum a while back about how I only count 6 typical locks for national finals this year (Avon, Broken Arrow, Carmel, Lawrence Central, Marian Catholic, and The Woodlands). This is one of those years that we could see several bands that are used to being on the bubble make national finals.

I think of my three desires, the two TX bands in the top half of finals one is the least likely. Then again, if Spring ends up being way weaker than expected, I might have to settle for even less. At this point, I'm not too worried about CTJ.

seeing how many bands they're sending to grand nats really makes me wish they'd move finals around the country like dci used to do. maybe if it's just to give people from other states a realistic shot at going without having to make sacrifices financially, but i think it could help boa broaden their audience as well.

seeing how many bands they're sending to grand nats really makes me wish they'd move finals around the country like dci used to do. maybe if it's just to give people from other states a realistic shot at going without having to make sacrifices financially, but i think it could help boa broaden their audience as well.

I would love to see a top 10 shoot out between Indiana bands and Texas bands. The best 10 bands from each state competing head-to-head. THAT would be a competition!

I would love to see a top 10 shoot out between Indiana bands and Texas bands. The best 10 bands from each state competing head-to-head. THAT would be a competition!

I agree! I think it would be a very good competition. Texas surely has MORE bands that may be considered "Top 10" just because of the size and population of Texas vs. Indiana. I think the Hoosier bands however would be very competitive if it came to a top ten competition however as Avon, Carmel, Homestead, Lawrence Central, Ben Davis, Lake Central, Penn, Castle and Center Grove could hold there own. I have to admit however that I have seen the Texas bands however at Grand Nats. several times and they are awesome as well. Although I'm a Hoosier I gotta say I love me some Marcus, IMO the best Texas band.

Edited by Indianamarchingfan