3. Flower Mound

4. Legacy

5. Richland

6. James Martin

7. Keller

8. Hebron

9. Berkner

10. Winston Churchill

Mansfield 12th? Plano East 17th? Rowlett 22nd? Birdville 24th? Goes to show you just how stacked this competition was--I thought East and Rowlett had a legit shot of making finals but apparently they were quite out.

Gotta say, Mansfield has a really difficult show this year that I'm not surprised missed finals...however, they're still in serious contention if they can clean that show for San Antonio.

That being said, tons of great shows out there--exciting start to the season!

Edited by Mellophone77

Full BOA Arlington Finals Results

Finals Music:

1. James Bowie

2. L.D. Bell

3. Flower Mound

Finals Visual:

1. L.D. Bell

2. James Bowie

3. Flower Mound

Finals General Effect:

1. L.D. Bell and James Bowie

3. Richland

Just a nitpicky item, but Richland placed 3rd in visual in finals with a visual avg. of 15.05. Flowermound had a visual avg. of 14.7. ^_^

Mansfield 12th? Plano East 17th? Rowlett 22nd? Birdville 24th? Goes to show you just how stacked this competition was--I thought East and Rowlett had a legit shot of making finals but apparently they were quite out.

Gotta say, Mansfield has a really difficult show this year that I'm not surprised missed finals...however, they're still in serious contention if they can clean that show for San Antonio.

.....and how about Keller Central in 11th, barely missing out! All the best to them the rest of the season. The Keller band really appreciated their support during Finals performance!

Full BOA Arlington Prelims Results

Prelims Music:

1. James Bowie

2. L.D. Bell

3. Legacy

Prelims Visual:

1. L.D. Bell

2. James Bowie

3. Legacy

Prelims General Effect:

1. James Bowie

2. L.D. Bell

3. Flower Mound

Prelims Top 10:

1. James Bowie

2. L.D. Bell

3. Flower Mound

4. Legacy

5. Richland

6. James Martin

7. Keller

8. Hebron

9. Berkner

10. Winston Churchill

I just want to give many thanks to the moderator's with this forum and your coverage of the BOA events. I have been on the forum for a year or so, but I was a first time viewer of the live blog while driving/riding to Arlington and while there for the performances. Your comments are so meaningful and positive and give credit to all the hard work and heart these kids, directors and families put into this beautiful thing (marching band). Thank you for all your efforts and kind words! Congratulations to all the bands!

With all due respect to Plano East (they are fantastic), I must say that if you're going to throw around their name for finals you've gotta say Aledo as well (I'm at Aledo). We tied them in prelims (our GE score was .1 higher, so we won the tie) and last year at the San Antonio Super Regional we beat them in prelims (although they beat us in finals). I know we don't really have the "street cred" in BOA like East and some others, but now a days if you talk about them you gotta talk about us.

Anyway, they are awesome and deserve a ton of respect. Just sayin' though.

With all due respect to Plano East (they are fantastic), I must say that if you're going to throw around their name for finals you've gotta say Aledo as well (I'm at Aledo). We tied them in prelims (our GE score was .1 higher, so we won the tie) and last year at the San Antonio Super Regional we beat them in prelims (although they beat us in finals). I know we don't really have the "street cred" in BOA like East and some others, but now a days if you talk about them you gotta talk about us.

Aledo has a lot more BOA "street cred" than Plano East does because BOA SA last year was only their first BOA competition ever as far as I am aware while Aledo has been making Finals and earning class championships for several years.

Plano East is a great program and always holds up extremely well in the very tough UIL 5A Area B, but they aren't well known in BOA.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but Plano East placed higher in prelims and finals at San Antonio last year...and my earlier comment was coming from my overall impressions based on what I saw, not on the scores.

Also, this was actually Plano East's 3rd regional ever. They attended BOA Denton way back in 1996, lol.

Edited by Mellophone77

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but Plano East placed higher in prelims and finals at San Antonio last year...and my earlier comment was coming from my overall impressions based on what I saw, not on the scores.

Also, this was actually Plano East's 3rd regional ever. They attended BOA Denton way back in 1996, lol.

Huh... I guess I'm wrong about several things. Our director told us we were 13th in prelims last year (I guess I heard wrong) and for some reason I thought East had been doing BOA longer. Being a strong 5A still gives them credibility compared to many others. I don't know. I didn't see them since we went in the last block.

It was definitely a great contest though!