Alternative dimensions

• 2 weeks later...

hey! cool piece

I dont know what kinda background you have as far as instrument playing

so here are few opinions/tips

1) I think it should go faster - I tried it at 120 and i thought it sounded cooler, it has more forward momentum. I presume this is a ballad? and I think really good ballads arent just quiet music, they build, and you can feel the movement (imo)

2) that timpani part is very cool - but unfortunately you probably wont ever hear it unless its miced (what is the past tense of "to mic" ???). Since its a pretty important part in the first section, I would suggest transferring it to the tubas, or the entire mallet section in the pit. The tuba drones could be transferred to euphonium/trombone (I'm a percussionist so my stuff regarding the brass may be impossible, idk?)

3) I would def add more music, either like a reflection after what you've written, or (in my opinion the better option, but harder) add more music before the big sutff at the end - more momentum building

just my opinions

but all in VERY COOL I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

good job. if thats your first score thats excellence.

-couple of things here when the alto saxes come in the triplets dont really match the tone of the piece. The tempo change is really cool but theres to much sticking from snares it really takes away from it. some harmonic problems between tuba and t. sax but other than that its sweet. nice concept.

---TEMPO SPEED UP at least 120bpm ... is that just an opening piece? because there alot more room that can be filled