2010 BOA Fall Schedule

The fall Bands of America Regional Championship schedule has been posted:

http://www.musicforall.org/programs/regionals/

Sept 25

Louisville, KY - Papa John's Stadium

Western PA - TBA

Oct 2

Kettering, OH - Kettering Fairmont H.S. Stadium (tentative site)

Arlington, TX - UT @ Arlington

Oct 9

Jacksonville, AL - Jacksonville State University

Houston, TX - Pearland Stadium, The RIG (tentative site)

Ypsilanti, MI - Eastern Michigan University

Oct 15/16

St. Louis, MO - Edward Jones Dome (Super Regional)

Akron/Canton, OH - TBA

Oct 23

Mid-Atlantic Area - TBA

Oct 29/30

Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome (Super Regional)

San Antonio, TX - Alamodome (Super Regional)

Southern California Area - TBA

Nov 6

Indianapolis, IN - LOS

Mountain West Area - TBA

Nov 10-13

Grand National Championships - LOS

Interesting note on the application:

If more than 50 bands are signed up for the Super Regional by May 14th, separate judging panels for Prelims and Finals will be used. If less than 50 bands are signed up by May 14th, one judging panel will be used for Prelims and Finals. This cutoff date is something to look forward to, seeing that two different panels have the potential of really mixing things up.

Also, BOA has the right to cancel a Regional if fewer than 18 programs are registered by May 14th. Keep in mind that BOA doesn't necessarily have to cancel the Regional if the attendance "requirement" is not met. A similar provision was in place last season, yet the Towson, Maryland Regional went on as scheduled, despite only featuring 12 programs.

• 4 weeks later...
:rolleyes: It is not for sure yet, but it looks like Friendswood is going to take a shot at Grand Nationals BOA in fall of 2010. Parents have already been consulted, and it looks like a go. This is a big jump for Friendswood, we have always been more of a UIL style band, but in the last couple of years, Mr. Dick has become a lot more positive on BOA styles. This is a HUGE jump for a 4A school, climbing into the BIG Leagues. Wish us luck, hopefully we can represent Texas well.

:rolleyes: It is not for sure yet, but it looks like Friendswood is going to take a shot at Grand Nationals BOA in fall of 2010. Parents have already been consulted, and it looks like a go. This is a big jump for Friendswood, we have always been more of a UIL style band, but in the last couple of years, Mr. Dick has become a lot more positive on BOA styles. This is a HUGE jump for a 4A school, climbing into the BIG Leagues. Wish us luck, hopefully we can represent Texas well.

Sounds like Conally a few years ago good luck!

• 2 months later...
Love Friendswood. I hope y'all go and do well; put in a good word for us 4A bands ;)

Hmm. We sure they're still going? Looking at the calendar on their site, they have Arlington, Houston and San Antonio posted, but no Grand Nationals.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see when BOA releases the lists. :)

Friendswood will not be attending Grand Nationals this coming fall, instead they will be competiting at all three texas regionals. There were issues that kept them Texas bound for the 2010 season, but they are hoping to attend at some point in the future. FHS will be building off an amazing UIL year last year and try to take the BOA circuit by storm as they hope to see another finals show in San Antonio.

List of bands currently enrolled in BOA Regionals/Grand Nationals is up:

http://www.musicforall.org/programs/regionals/

Arlington Regional - 32 bands enrolled.

Houston Regional - 28 bands enrolled.

San Antonio Super Regional - 42 bands enrolled.

The St. Louis Super Regional has four Texas programs enrolled (Birdville H.S., Fossil Ridge H.S., Trinity H.S., William B. Travis H.S.)

The Southern California Regional has one Texas program enrolled (Americas H.S.)

Tentatively, five Texas programs are signed up for Grand Nationals:

Cedar Park H.S.

Fossil Ridge H.S.

L.D. Bell H.S.

Stephen F. Austin H.S.

Winston Churchill H.S.

L. D. Bell is going...again xD Not a surprise actually, lol. :P

Plano East is signed up for San Antonio which I believe is a first for them. With the redistricting currently going on in Plano I think there'll be a huge push from them this up coming year. Arlington looks like it'll be a good competition again, hope I can go. :D

Edited by Mellophone77

Seems like the usual Texas grand nationals lineup. Bell leads some good bands that will definitely make a solid run for finals. Really curious to see what these bands dish out, especially CP and SFA. I think CP has really peaked these last few years and I can't wait to see what they're putting together for a grand nationals year.

Looks like Fossil Ridge will be all over the place this season.

They're signed up for Arlington, San Antonio, St. Louis and Grand Nationals....good thing they're 4A now and this is a 5A State year...stacking that schedule against a UIL competition schedule would be a potent recipe for burnout.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! Now I only have to drive 30 minutes to the next town instead of 2 hours into inner city!

Woodforest is a pretty nice stadium. It's slightly bigger than the RIG. I think the location is a little more ideal too. The Woodlands duo (Woodlands HS and College Park) got a nice break since the stadium's only a stone's throw away from them. SFA, Clear Brook, Alvin, Pasadena Memorial, Dawson, Friendswood and Pearland get screwed since it used to be in their own backyard and I could see Brazoswood potentially pulling out since what was once a 45 minute trip has now turned into a 2 1/2 hour trip. But the schools in Spring and Cy-Fair are now closer, and the Austin schools (Cedar Park, Leander, McNeil, Vandergrift) get their trip cut by about 30 minutes. I could see some of the south Houston schools pulling out and some of the schools in Klein and Conroe maybe throwing in their chips.

• 4 weeks later...

All sites and dates now confirmed for the 2010 Regionals.

Ypsilanti, MI (Eastern Michigan University) moved to Pontiac, MI (Pontiac Silverdome).

Akron, OH confirmed (InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field)

Southern California now in Hemet, CA at West Valley High School

Sweet! Now I only have to drive 30 minutes to the next town instead of 2 hours into inner city!

Woodforest is a pretty nice stadium. It's slightly bigger than the RIG. I think the location is a little more ideal too. The Woodlands duo (Woodlands HS and College Park) got a nice break since the stadium's only a stone's throw away from them. SFA, Clear Brook, Alvin, Pasadena Memorial, Dawson, Friendswood and Pearland get screwed since it used to be in their own backyard and I could see Brazoswood potentially pulling out since what was once a 45 minute trip has now turned into a 2 1/2 hour trip. But the schools in Spring and Cy-Fair are now closer, and the Austin schools (Cedar Park, Leander, McNeil, Vandergrift) get their trip cut by about 30 minutes. I could see some of the south Houston schools pulling out and some of the schools in Klein and Conroe maybe throwing in their chips.

I highly doubt any of the south Houston schools will withdraw. It's not 2 1/2 hours to get to get to Conroe. It's about 45-60 minutes from Sugar Land & Pearland. Brazoswood is the most southern school near the Gulf and it only takes about an hour and a half to Conroe. They've been to Conroe a plenty amount of times for the Lone Star Preview.

I don't think moving out of Pearland will affect any of the attendance be it if you're from Houston or not.