*** 4A UIL State Marching Contest Thread ***

A little birdie from the future told me that a band who has never been to state before will finish the the top 3, and it is not the band you are thinking of.

If a band that has never been to 4A state before is a medalist, I'd bet on Forney or Newman Smith.

Edited by Fata1

This is who I have making finals in random order:

Friendswood

Dripping Springs

Poteet

Hendrickson

Wakeland

Legacy

Forney

Waxahachie

Roma

Newman Smith

Possibles:

LBJ

Hays

Galena Park

Calallen

I would watch out for Forney and Newman Smith. I think I smell an upset.

Edited by Rocktapus512

whoa! tough finals! 3 bands each from Areas B,C and D. should be interesting to see who will medal out of this group. From my perspective I can see 5 bands that could medal: Poteet, Dripping Springs, Friendswood, Forney and Newman Smith. Still, not sure I could count anyone out of this group of 10. Surprised that Galena Park didn't make it.

It'll be Poteet, Dripping Springs and Friendswood in the top 3.....I'll be surprised if it's not (probably in that order as well).

Takigan - good job on picking the top 3 in Prelims! The Prelims scoring was all over the place, but Friendswood sure did make a fairly clean sweep and held their own. I am excited to the Finals results!

• 11 months later...
oh yeah...that was quite a shock! Poteet's show that year was just strange in my opinion. The musical selection just did not fit their style.

Didn't fit our style??? It did, but in all honesty the brass part was way to hard for us in Rocky Point, and in Sonoran Desert only 5 out of 12 trumpets were allowed to play it, and only 2 out of the 5 were 1st part. The brass section was under construction on the worst year to do it, and as you can tell now, Poteet rebuilt to 2 state titles, same thing now in 2010!!! I was a sophmore in 2003 and I remember being told we tied for 7th and they voted us 11th!!! But it is what it is, we got 11th, got the Poteet band pissed off, then came back with the attitude that we would never be left out of finals again, seemed to have worked well....

Edited by bluebellbrass07