Next Year Grand Nationals

Hey, I haven't seen another topic about this yet...so I hope there isn't one XD

Anyways, I was bored today and started searching around about Grand Nationals stuff and I found the 2009 attendants list (as of March 30, 2009). http://www.marching.com/events/boa-grand-n...-championships/

From Texas...

Clear Brook H.S., TX

L.D. Bell H.S., TX

Marcus H.S., TX (I don't believe they've gone before, have they?)

The Woodlands H.S., TX

I was surprised to see Marcus going this year, and I'm excited to see how well they do :) Again, if this was already posted then I'm sorry but I honestly didn't see any. Any thoughts on this?

Edit: Wow...I really botched the grammar in the title...: |

Edited by Mellophone77

I think so also XD (I really should have put my thoughts on the first post but...) I think Marcus will be able to place really high. Possibly top 3 due to giving Bell a run for their money and they always do very well at Grand Nationals. That would be really cool if Marcus could win it on their first go, but I don't think that is very realistic.

It's a sure bet that L.D. Bell, the Woodlands and Marcus will all make finals and I can say with almost absolute certainty that Richland will as well, but I also wouldn't entirely count Clear Brook out of the running. If I were just looking at their performance at San Antonio last year (25th) and basing everything this coming year off of that, I would say it's going to be a hard push for them just to make it into Semis (as Colleyville Heritage placed higher than Clear Brook at that competition in San Antonio and also failed to make it into semis at nats that year)....but if you look just a few weeks earlier at BOA Houston, Clear Brook pulled off a very impressive 5th place finish, just a little over 3 points behind the Woodlands. San Antonio could have just been a bad run for them, and they've proved in the past that they are more than capable of gunning for the bubble (the 17th place finish at Nationals in '07 comes to mind).

They'll be at Houston and San Antonio before they make the trip to Nationals this year, it'll be interesting to see what they have in store.

There's no "Nationals Thread" already on the board but there's a little more discussion going on here if you didn't catch it: http://www.txbands.com/forums/index.php?sh...amp;#entry72344

They have plenty of fund raising opportunities, and I know of two or three people that have pretty much payed off their entire band fees that way. I generally had help from my parents, but I'm pretty sure most bands are good about working with students about payment options.

I ended up mowing lawns every summer to help pay for it.

Cedar Park was planning to attend..but they decided there was insufficient funding....:l kinda depressing.

I heard rumors that y'all were going and then the lists came out and saw y'all weren't on it I was a little surprised but I guess that's a good reason for not going. Oh well there is always another year..

Yeah, there were most certainly many rumors. And judging from that comment from a current member confirming it--regardless of the fact they won't be going this year it's a safe bet we'll be seeing Cedar Park make the trip to Nationals in the not-too-distant future.

Yeah, there were most certainly many rumors. And judging from that comment from a current member confirming it--regardless of the fact they won't be going this year it's a safe bet we'll be seeing Cedar Park make the trip to Nationals in the not-too-distant future.

Oh man I'd sure love to...hopefully 2010 ;)

*sigh*

Is it time for this discussion again?

Didn't someone do a map (Daniel, Dan, Balas, Bui?) that showed that Indy was actually the most EQUAL OPPORTUNITY for bands in the WHOLE COUNTRY?

Oh that's right... I forget our motto: Texas... It's like a whole other country.

:-p

*sigh*

Is it time for this discussion again?

Didn't someone do a map (Daniel, Dan, Balas, Bui?) that showed that Indy was actually the most EQUAL OPPORTUNITY for bands in the WHOLE COUNTRY?

Oh that's right... I forget our motto: Texas... It's like a whole other country.

:-p

It may be true that it is most equal for the WHOLE country but has anyone done one based on enrollment? Like where the most bands come from? Or maybe the areas with the highest regional attendance? I don't know if that would make a difference but it's a thought.