Stephen F. Austin HS, TX

Winston Churchill HS, TX

James Bowie HS, TX

L.D. Bell HS, TX

Marcus HS, TX

Haltom HS, TX

Hebron HS, TX

My locks(preformance order).

The usual suspects really, minus Reagan due to their performance at area. I'm sure they will be back on my locks list in a few years though.

Georgetown HS, TX

Leander HS, TX

W. Charles Akins HS, TX

Langham Creek HS, TX

Westlake HS, TX

Arlington Martin HS, TX

Colleyville Heritage HS, TX

Clear Brook HS, YX

Berkner HS, TX

The Woodlands College Park HS, TX

Fossil Ridge HS, TX

Those are my bubble bands, those in red are my umm... more likely finalists?, but they aren't locks. Again these are performance order.

Sad to see we will be missing Woodlands, Richland, Brazoswoods, Westfield etc. Should be a fantastic competition none the less, and it might be nice to see some more faces in finals.

If you wouldn't put reagan as a bubble just because they did poorly at area, then why would you put georgetown who placed lower or leander who tied?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Leander but didn't get to see Keller. I thought Leander performed very well and gave a good enough performance to be considered for finals, but I'm very surprised Leander was chosen and Akins wasn't....Akins was amazing!

anyone got scores

Not till Monday at the earliest....

Edited by takigan

If you wouldn't put reagan as a bubble just because they did poorly at area, then why would you put georgetown who placed lower or leander who tied?

It wasn't based on Area results it was based on the Area performances. I based it on what I thought of the show and how much farther they could take it by SA. I wasn't impressed by Reagan at Area, and with the changes they've been facing I wasn't sure if they could step it up. I'm happy to say they have proved me wrong. Congrats to all the bands who made finals though. Keller and Friendswood really came out of left field.

Anyone have their own personal scores for prelims that they'd like to post? I'm curious.

7:00 PM - Aledo H.S., TX (Exhibition)

7:15 PM - Leander H.S., TX

7:30 PM - Haltom H.S., TX

7:45 PM - Westlake H.S., TX

8:00 PM - Berkner H.S., TX

8:15 PM - Winston Churchill H.S., TX

8:30 PM - Keller H.S., TX

8:45 PM - Cedar Park H.S., TX

9:00 PM - Hebron H.S., TX

9:15 PM - Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

9:30 PM - Stephen F. Austin H.S., TX

9:45 PM - Friendswood H.S., TX

10:00 PM - L.D. Bell H.S., TX

10:15 PM - Marcus H.S., TX

10:30 PM - James Bowie H.S., TX

10:45 PM - Hildago H.S., TX (Exhibition)

11:00 PM - Awards Ceremony

From the txbLive feed:

"Currently in the suite at the Alamodome using my friend Eric's laptop......"

I'm currently reading up on the Alamadome setup and am curious as to if the 'suite' you refer to was one of the 52 executive suites they offer; 4 of which the dome markets to its consumers. Or..... if the area you were in is the press level area of the press box, which I wouldn't exactly call a "Suite" but is still a nice area to be in.

If it was one of the executive suites (you'd know if it was: fancy cushioned seats, refrigerator, bar area, high class pleasures) I'm wondering how you got access to one. Was it provided as a press privilege or did you actually have to pay a bunch of money for it? Those suites are quite expensive.

What more interests me is what kind of privileges a press pass entails over standard tickets. That's pretty awesome how they offered the staff exclusive press privileges for the event.

I have no idea where Mike was sitting... we were on the field when he sent us that review to post that. I know BOA did open up the executive suites this year for $96 a ticket. They're doing the same at Grand Nats.

They may have been in the press box though, I'm not sure.

We sat in the Club Level for Finals and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by Salas

If it was one of the executive suites (you'd know if it was: fancy cushioned seats, refrigerator, bar area, high class pleasures) I'm wondering how you got access to one. Was it provided as a press privilege or did you actually have to pay a bunch of money for it? Those suites are quite expensive.

Yeah, we sat there. It wasn't a press privilege though. We felt like spoiling ourselves and spent the $96 (each) to sit up there. It's really nice and relaxing. BOA offered suite tickets for Super Regionals for the first time this year. http://www.musicforall.org/resources/tickets/suites.aspx

Umm... the txband.com score section for this competition is wrong. This is what's up there:

94.55 - L.D. Bell HS

93.35 - Marcus HS

90.1 - Cedar Park HS

88.8 - James Bowie (Austin) HS

86.75 - Winston Churchill HS

87.8 - Stephen F. Austin HS

86.75 - Berkner HS

84.55 - Hebron HS

84.4 - Keller HS

84.3 - Friendswood HS

83.55 - Westlake HS

82.9 - Leander HS

82.85 - Haltom HS

82.4 - Ronald Reagan HS

That doesn't even make sense logically (look at Churchill/SFA). The correct results for the top 5 are:

LD Bell: 94.55

Marcus: 93.35

CP: 91.45

Bowie: 90.1

Churchill: 88.8

After that it's right.

EDIT: Sorry for the random formatting problem.

Edited by CPFrntEns