[Major Event] UIL Region Contest 2008

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has there ever been an area that sent 7 or more bands to state?

I already asked that a while ago and here's what the genius came up with:

It looks like it happens for one area every year.

2000 Area F:

Clements

Langham Creek

Stephen F Austin

Pearland

Clear Lake

Cy-Falls

2002 Area C:

Berkner

Rowlet

The Colony

Plano East

Lewisville

Creekview

2004 Area E:

Cinco Ranch

Cy Fair

Cypress Falls

Langham Creek

Ronald Reagan

Winston Churchill

2006 Area G:

Brownsville Hanna

Harlingen

Donna

SA Taft

PSJA North

Harlingen South

Props to Xenon.

So far in Regions 11, 15, and 28, thirty-one bands have advanced to the Area contest. If i'm not mistaken, as long as four or more bands from Region 14 received a division 1, then Area G will send 7 bands to state.

The rumor is that Region 14 advanced 6 5A bands to Area (I don't have specifics on which ones), thus making Area G have 37 bands. This means that Area G is going to be a really really long contest and will be taking 7 bands to State.

The rumor is that Region 14 advanced 6 5A bands to Area (I don't have specifics on which ones), thus making Area G have 37 bands. This means that Area G is going to be a really really long contest and will be taking 7 bands to State.

The Alamodome will be very busy in the next few weeks!

I really wish all of the Region Contests went down yesterday. It would so much easier to update the list! Although some Regions will have their contests on Monday or Tuesday, here's a list of the Regions we still need:

Region 4

Region 5

Region 8

Region 9

Region 10

Region 12 (3A)

Region 14

Region 16 (South Zone)

Region 17

Region 18

Region 19

Region 22

Region 23

If anyone has any updates, please let us know. Thanks again, folks!

FYI...Area C 2000 - 5 were slotted to advance per # of bands at Area. 6 advanced only because of a scoring error...they announced the wrong 5th place band at first because there was a three-way tie for 5th and it was broken incorrectly. If I remember correctly they used the old "add the high and low back in" instead of "judges preference". So the original 7th placed band was actually the winner of the tie breaker and leapfrogged the 6th place band (which was 6th with either tie-breaker) to advanced to state. Therefore the originally announced 5th place band was actually 7th with the correct tie-breaker but they let them advance anyway since they screwed up an announced it. So we had probably the one instance in the history SMBC when a 7th place band advanced and the 6th place stayed home. Weird huh...hope that was clear as mud. And don't ask who was who because it is not important...just thought I'd share a little history so mistakes like this aren't forgetten and hence repeated.

Adding to Xenon's list of 6 bands advancing:

2000 Area C

Duncanville

Coppell

Berkner

Plano East

Lake Highlands

Newman Smith

2002 Area E

Langham Creek

Reagan

Cypress Falls

Churchill

Taylor

Seguin

There is a possibility for 6 bands to advance to state from area B...I don't know if there have been any 5A bands that have not recieved a one so far in this area but according to http://uilforms.com/regions/2/AREA%20MARCH...mOrder-3A5A.pdf, there are 30 5A bands in area B

Edit: ok so I figured out that on the link above, it lists Granbury as a 5A band, but on the official result link listed previously, Granbury is a 4A band...so does anyone know for sure which they are?

Edited by queso2992

OK, seriously, who ever was at Region 27 UIL today,

did anyone watch Cypress Springs? were we really that bad? srsly? judge's ripped us right off of a break and gave us a 1-2-2

anyone?

My mom said she thought yall were really good! (i think you guys played either right before or right after my band) She was talking to me after the contest, and made it a point to talk about how much she liked yalls show, lol. (But then again, my mom is no expert)

But i though that you guys wearing your real uniforms this year made you look wayyyyy more professional.

Does your band director not record your performances for yall to watch afterwards?