I don't think there will be a battle for first. I think LD Bell will win.

I also think someone has a chance of knocking Marcus out of the second place slot. It's between SFA, Cedar Park, and Woodlands.

Based on how well improvement has been from week to week, and how strong each of these bands were at their first competitions, of course.

Idk. I just don't think Marcus has the momentum they had in previous years. Then again, I have not seen SFA or Marcus's closer, so I can't be too sure.

I based SFA on how well they did at Houston.

And then of course there is Duncanville who is always a threat for the win. I'm not sure how much in the medal (or finals) race SFA will be. The state marching contest judges have never been particularly kind to them for whatever reason. I would love for this to be the year for them to break through and state finals, but are they really doing anything differently from the past three state cycles?

And then of course there is Duncanville who is always a threat for the win. I'm not sure how much in the medal (or finals) race SFA will be. The state marching contest judges have never been particularly kind to them for whatever reason. I would love for this to be the year for them to break through and state finals, but are they really doing anything differently from the past three state cycles?

Coppell's got a pretty beast show this year...if we keep cleaning it up I think we might have a shot at a medal if we can get through the Uber difficult Area C which is only taking 3 to state.

I haven't seen Argyle, but Canton has a really good package this year. If they clean up their act visually I think this could be state title number four.

i've watched bits of both show, and though my knowledge is incomplete argyle is marching harder drill and are much cleaner. i say they have a great chance to dethrone canton

I'm thinking LD Bell and Marcus battling for 1st. Then Stephen F. Austin, Cedar Park and The Woodlands battling for the bronze. I'm giving the edge to Cedar Park right now for third.

really...? i don't think marcus even stands close to bell, just my personal opinion. i was in coplete shock at what happened at 5a state two years ago... i dunno, just really disappointed, and a little with marcus' show this year too, though i still gotta give them major props on their music (they freking play like a concert band on the field!), but other than that... meh

and on another note... i LOVE argyle so much!! they really impressed me at the last contest i saw them at (i think birdville) \my jaw actually dropped in thier show

can't wait to see the Area B contest this weekend too! im gonna set myself up in a seat and avoid moving all day!!! i cant wait to see bell and hebron!!! good luck to all the participating bands!!!

Edited by flutespaz21

though i still gotta give them major props on their music (they freking play like a concert band on the field!), but other than that... meh

Well, considering there are three music judges in the area/state format, Marcus has a pretty big advantage. I'm not sure if it's one Bell can overcome. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus win it all again.

So if UIL=Music, what's the point in having the other two judges show up. Isn't that just wasted money...and for that matter, what's the point in having a band march at all, they could simply just WALK onto the field and play their music. What's the point in calling it marching band if this is true. I know that music plays a large part in UIL, but so does the marching aspect.

So if UIL=Music, what's the point in having the other two judges show up. Isn't that just wasted money...and for that matter, what's the point in having a band march at all, they could simply just WALK onto the field and play their music. What's the point in calling it marching band if this is true. I know that music plays a large part in UIL, but so does the marching aspect.

I don't think that is what they were implying. But nice sarcasm there.

I know what they were implying, but I just think that it's ridiculous. I know that there 3 judges for music and 2 for marching, but I think that people are taking the priority of music in UIL a little far. There are two marching judges for a reason, and that is to judge the marching aspects of the show.