Trumpets!

TRtrumpet

i can scream up to an F consistantly, but above that is more of a squeek.

i'm working on my upper range so i can scream a double G at the end of our show this year.

I can get a pretty consistent double c... i've gotten a few clear triples (i'll see if i can find a recording...)

I've stopped working on getting my range higher, and started working on getting lip trills on all the notes in the range...

If i were to scream out a double g in our show, i'd be in the Austin Morgue, and my director would be in the Austin Municipal Jail...

Anyone trying out for DCI?? i'm considering going to a camp: any suggestions?

Instrument: Bach strad 37 rounded tuning slide

Mouthpiece: Monette B3, stork studio master V4S, bach 2c (24 throat NY-7 BB)

Picc: benge colibri picc.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Hello, I'm a decent trumpet player. I really feel like I'm not that good when my section leader plays his high notes though. Just lookin' for more trumpet players though.

Never, EVER let a trumpet player that plays high notes make you feel like you aren't that good. I can play high, yeah...so what? Sound quality and technique matter a WHOLE lot more than being able to play high.

I admit, playing high is "cool," but it does not make you a better player. I know one too many guys that play high that REALLY REALLY suck because that is all they work on rather than the stuff that matters. Not to mention 90% of them use mouthpieces for screaming wimps.

By the way, I agree with the :Well that was.... un-trumpet-like" comment...HA HA HA....