Want to know what is said backwards in Legacy's Show?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are exactly right. I would like to point out the part of the UIL Constitution that Danpod quoted earlier in this thread:

Legacy isn't doing BOA San Antonio, so I think that all that they have left is UIL contests. That means, sadly, that these backwards voices should be going away.

Legacy is going to Duncanville Marching Invitationals on November 1st, where we can again use our prerecorded dialogues (the backwards dialogue is not the only prerecorded; it is everything said). I'm pretty sure that this will be our last competition.

Edited by legacybandnerd

Can you please explain this when the UIL Constitution specifically states that it is not?

Never mind then. I should have read the rules first. I guess that we will be taking out our dialogue (which i don't understand how our show will work because everything is prerecorded if it has to do with electronics). Because this is my job to control these things I will talk to Mr. Glenn Fugett, our director, to see what will happen at UIL.

Never mind then. I should have read the rules first. I guess that we will be taking out our dialogue (which i don't understand how our show will work because everything is prerecorded if it has to do with electronics). Because this is my job to control these things I will talk to Mr. Glenn Fugett, our director, to see what will happen at UIL.

Like I said, I think it is really unfortunate that they have to go because of how integral to the show they are. But, why can't a band member speak all those parts (other than the backwards)?

Sachse has a LOT of dialog and most of it comes from the Drum Major while he is conducting!

Like I said, I think it is really unfortunate that they have to go because of how integral to the show they are. But, why can't a band member speak all those parts (other than the backwards)?

Sachse has a LOT of dialog and most of it comes from the Drum Major while he is conducting!

learn to talk backwards!!

hahahah

wouldn't that be something

I guess a student- maybe myself if i could get my voice deep enough :P - could speak the parts, although it would not be as effective to the show because in the prerecorded dialogues there is panning, echoes, and distortion (I think a lot of people might have thought of that as a techincal problem) which could obviously not be done while the student is speaking. This will deffinitely be an issue.

By the way, what did you think of the fact that we were one of the only bands that did some slow-marching?

I guess a student- maybe myself if i could get my voice deep enough :P - could speak the parts, although it would not be as effective to the show because in the prerecorded dialogues there is panning, echoes, and distortion (I think a lot of people might have thought of that as a techincal problem) which could obviously not be done while the student is speaking. This will deffinitely be an issue.

By the way, what did you think of the fact that we were one of the only bands that did some slow-marching?

Effects like those can be put in in real-time. Bell put real-time effects in on their opening mic'd trumpets.

Nobody likes to do slow marching anymore because it is so extremely easy to spot any and all problems. I love watching bands march slowly and do it well because it is so hard to do. Y'all still need to clean it up some more, but I really applaud the effort.

Effects like those can be put in in real-time. Bell put real-time effects in on their opening mic'd trumpets.

Nobody likes to do slow marching anymore because it is so extremely easy to spot any and all problems. I love watching bands march slowly and do it well because it is so hard to do. Y'all still need to clean it up some more, but I really applaud the effort.

Thank you. Besides the slow marching in Floatation, are there any other specific areas you might recall that require more cleaning?

Thank you. Besides the slow marching in Floatation, are there any other specific areas you might recall that require more cleaning?

For starters, the beginning visual.

Where you guys do the vertical and horiztonal.

It's such a great GE moment, but the dirt kinda kills some of the luster.

I feel so bad for that little guy in the baritone section. He tries so hard. :[

FloMo, M-field, Argyle all did slow marching. At least I think they did..

I'm not sure how that would work considering that we have tried to have whoever is announcing the contest do the audio it has a cool effect and i think it kinda surprises some people that the announcer is part of our show. You are right in that we connot use it in UIL unless it is said live so i do not know how we are going to do that our band director has not said anything. Unless he has the announcer say it live but i think that would also be against the rules.

I don't think having the announcer say it would work....or it wouldn't work and still have the same desired effect. It is possible to say the backwards dialogue as literally reversed from the original sound sample, the speaker would just have to spend a bit of time listening to a recording of the backwards dialogue until they could emulate it perfectly and have it on call.....with a press box announcer, you wouldn't be able to do anything like that (he's not gonna spend precious time before the contest learning how to say this intangible speech, plus he'd have to be cued). Even if he spoke the dialogue forwards ("Which is better, UIL or BOA?") live during the show; recording it live, sequencing it live and firing it back in backwards-mode would still be illegal.

• 2 weeks later...