How about them Cowboys?

treyj

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch it now. You don't want to say that then end up being wrong. It's kind of embarrassing... Let's just agree that it's going to be a good game. :]

mmm

no offense.

but it won't even be that close.

Not like the eagles game at least.

i say the boys have it in the bag by the 4th

first off cowboys might have a nice regular season but lets see wats happened the last 2 yrs in the playoffs... Romo isnt a proven QB until he has won a super bowl right? Of course even peyton wasnt a proven QB until his SB win 2 yrs ago... so until Romo can prove he wont fumble when the game is on the line then lose at home to cough cough to the giants the Cowboys arent doin jack in the playoffs..... as for my NFC pic the Giants yes no Strahan or Umenyora yes that might be 35 and half sacks gone but guess wat they have been playing great football so far it does matter who they are playin they are winning BIG 41-10 over the Rams and 17-6 over the deadskins both double digit wins something the cowboys havent done yet (yes i know the Eagles are more beastly than both of those teams) more than the Eagles scored all though they allowed one more TD and in those wins they are #3 in the league in pass defense at 205.0 yards and thats total inclusive in that is top 5 in running and passing defense. they are also tied for third with 10.0 sacks so before you put the G-men out of the playoffs keep in mind that they have another Manning under center who is also a Proven QB and although they arent as strong on the line as last year they still are getting the job done by being in the top 5 in all offense and defensive categories something the Cowboys arent a part of... besides u know McNabb is not joke cause he gave the Cowboys a run for there money who gave his team 37 points in there win... also the giants arent the lions they arent gonna lose 8 of there last 10.. after starting 2-0 so yeh heads up on that so dont celebrate yet cowboy fans let try to get out of ROUND 1 first

y are yall all counting the pack out i mean ill admit that i didint have faith in aaron rodgers when it all started out but come one w games in hes having a WAY better season than bret out there in NY.

lastly when the Giants beat the boys both times in the season this year thats when you will know that they are for realz but while were on it anybody wanna doubt my boys down in Indi and Lucas Oil and think someone will beat them (and no the broncos WILL NOT beat the Colts so dont try that mess.

)

Edited by bonepit06-07

mmm

no offense.

but it won't even be that close.

Not like the eagles game at least.

i say the boys have it in the bag by the 4th

This is what I like to call DFS, Delusional Fan Syndrome. For some reason you believe that you have seen the future and already know what is going to happen. If you know that then why even watch it? Oh wait.... You don't. It's okay to have team pride but don't come here and tell me it's going to be a blow out when you can barely squeak past the Eagles. On top of that this is some what of a "rivalry" game so anything can happen.

Maybe putting it in terms of HS Football will make you better understand.

Our sister school Vista Ridge moved up to 5a this year and will play us 2 weeks from Friday. In 4a I believe VR won maybe 4 games total? Not so hot. Now, you do not see me parading around saying "OHHH LEANDER is going to KICK SOME VR A**. They wont even have a chance!" I refrain from expressing that because if they end up beating us and making us the laughing stock of the district I will look like a total RETARD and will not be able to show my face at Vista ever again.

So with that I say just watch what you say because I will not let you live it down if you are wrong.

Edited by lhsfluter

LMFAO!!!!!

wow, since when do stats, this early in the season, accurately account for how well a team is doing, and how good a team will be later in the season. it's only been two games. plus, the giants have played nobody... "](but then again im just a band kid who doesnt know anything about football)[/color] ;)

and it is very safe to say (though it does sound extreamly cocky and arrogant) that sundays game wont be close, and to say that the game would be decided by the 4th quarter is giving the packers too much credit...

btw...dont hate on America's Team in a texas based forum and expect to get away easy...

but the cool thing about sports debates is that we all do it with much humor... :wub:

Edited by crazyjakeup

This is what I like to call DFS, Delusional Fan Syndrome. For some reason you believe that you have seen the future and already know what is going to happen. If you know that then why even watch it? Oh wait.... You don't. It's okay to have team pride but don't come here and tell me it's going to be a blow out when you can barely squeak past the Eagles. On top of that this is some what of a "rivalry" game so anything can happen.

Maybe putting it in terms of HS Football will make you better understand.

Our sister school Vista Ridge moved up to 5a this year and will play us 2 weeks from Friday. In 4a I believe VR won maybe 4 games total? Not so hot. Now, you do not see me parading around saying "OHHH LEANDER is going to KICK SOME VR A**. They wont even have a chance!" I refrain from expressing that because if they end up beating us and making us the laughing stock of the district I will look like a total RETARD and will not be able to show my face at Vista ever again.

So with that I say just watch what you say because I will not let you live it down if you are wrong.

1. This is high school football.

2. Aaron Rodgers isn't a proven QB yet he has started TWO games. First year starters always do well because there is no film on them for opposing teams to study. Now that he has two weeks under his belt I see the cowboys defense outplaying Rodgers.

3. Heck yeah I have DFS, i mean seriously who doesn't love the cowboys :D

4. It's going to be about the passing game and we all know the cowboys just have too much power on offense to lose this game.

That being said it is going to be a good game.

I'm sure Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Andre Ware, Heath Shuler, and the other countless numbers of quarterback busts might tell you otherwise.

Let me rephrase that.

Not rookies and not all. Im just saying if you look at the stats, players who have been groomed behind a veteran quaterback then are suddenly thrown into the starting role, usually do well for a few weeks, then teams have film to study and their performance dips. Not to say it won't rebound.

Tony Romo is a prime example, he played superbly in his first few starts then his performances took a plunge and then he rebounded.

well im not big on the stats when it gets further in the season but since its only 2 games in theres not much else i can say for the defense that i was giving i just dont think cowboys fans should be counting out everybody in there division cause if they havent noticed it yet they are in the NFC East the 2nd toughest division in the NFL... and speakin of VR Leander isnt going to be the only laughing stock if they lose cause Connally already got a mighty fine but whoopin from there football team last thursday going 0-2 on the season so dont feel bad... which isnt sayin much cause Leander would own Connally anyway so yeh they are good but im sure u guys will be fine

Edited by bonepit06-07

well im not big on the stats when it gets further in the season but since its only 2 games in theres not much else i can say for the defense that i was giving i just dont think cowboys fans should be counting out everybody in there division cause if they havent noticed it yet they are in the NFC East the 2nd toughest division in the NFL... and speakin of VR Leander isnt going to be the only laughing stock if they lose cause Connally already got a mighty fine but whoopin from there football team last thursday going 0-2 on the season so dont feel bad... which isnt sayin much cause Leander would own Connally anyway so yeh they are good but im sure u guys will be fine

2nd toughest?

nfc east is the thoughest no contest.

they've grabbed the 2 wild cards the past 2 years

lets try that again AFC South is the toughest division in football last season had 3 TEAMS (Texans didnt make it) in the playoffs and each team in the division had no lower than at least a 500 record sry but that didnt happen in the NFC east. just a thought incase u didnt know that.

oh and yes i do agree boys-the packers will be a good game but seeing the way the Rodgers has been playin im not counting out the pack in this one actually i have them takin this one by 3.

Edited by bonepit06-07

lets try that again AFC South is the toughest division in football last season had 3 TEAMS (Texans didnt make it) in the playoffs and each team in the division had no lower than at least a 500 record sry but that didnt happen in the NFC east. just a thought incase u didnt know that.

you're crazy.

every team in the nfc east are contenders.

the texans? are you kidding me?

the only true star in the division are the colts. and even they look lke crap this year.

okay trey y dont u come talk to me abt sports when you dont have the cowboys so far up your head.. keep in mind that this is the same texans team that is a million times better than the dead skins in your division.. yes the all the other teams are slouching right now IE the Jags and the Colts but keep in mind that both of those teams are both injury prone right now... so just wait by mid-season if you have some sense in your mind youll soon find out that AFC South is the hardest division in football.. the only joke i see here is on you... Acting like the Skins are better than the Texans.. wata noob

oh yeh there are actually at LEAST 3 "true stars" if thats wat u want to call it ur sayin the Jags (i do understand that they are 0-2 right now abt to be 0-3 when they lose to the colts today.. sry guys) and even the 2-0 titans are jokes 2 teams that made the playoffs last year oh okay then ill let you keep thinking that

Edited by bonepit06-07