Solos or duets in your 2008 Production?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's two horn solos... and one of them is so retarded... it goes from 4/4 to 3/4 to 4/4 to 3/4... and it throws me off.... for scapegoat purposes... it doesn't help that none of our drum majors conduct together... because it starts facing backfield... and so when i turn around, whoever is on the front tower is like... 2 counts off from whatever the backfield drum major was doing... and it honestly does throw me off...

but the solo in the ballad is tight..

there's two horn solos... and one of them is so retarded... it goes from 4/4 to 3/4 to 4/4 to 3/4... and it throws me off.... for scapegoat purposes... it doesn't help that none of our drum majors conduct together... because it starts facing backfield... and so when i turn around, whoever is on the front tower is like... 2 counts off from whatever the backfield drum major was doing... and it honestly does throw me off...

but the solo in the ballad is tight..

mansfield....

im interested to see yalls show!

can't wait to play yall :D

• 2 weeks later...

i have somewhat of a duet thing i guess.

not really though, It's more a few select woodwinds feature thing.

Our ballad and closer is "harrisons dream" by peter graham

and idk if you've heard it but the woodwind sixteenth notes are CRAZY @ 160 bpm.

i love it though

sounds soooo tight

We're now having a French horn play the alto sax solo in our second movement. Which makes sense, since most of our altos...aren't that good, and the French horn player was our one All-Stater last year. Second movement goes on the field tomorrow night, then hopefully we get the closer drill learned fast (like, in a week), put it on the field the next week, and have a week to clean before BOA!

We're now having a French horn play the alto sax solo in our second movement. Which makes sense, since most of our altos...aren't that good, and the French horn player was our one All-Stater last year. Second movement goes on the field tomorrow night, then hopefully we get the closer drill learned fast (like, in a week), put it on the field the next week, and have a week to clean before BOA!

awesome!

we've got about a 1/3 of our closer out.

this week was our bye week so we got a lot done. :]

we finish the closer next week- week 1/2

and 2 weeks to clean before first contest ;]

i have somewhat of a duet thing i guess.

not really though, It's more a few select woodwinds feature thing.

Our ballad and closer is "harrisons dream" by peter graham

and idk if you've heard it but the woodwind sixteenth notes are CRAZY @ 160 bpm.

i love it though

sounds soooo tight

Not meaning to show you up, but I have some 16th runs at 164 bpm, so I know what you mean. Two of the runs are at a halt, but the last one is while moving an its not clean at all right now. I've played the runs on both Bass Clarinet and Tenor Sax, and its near impossible on the Bass Clarinet due to more pinky altering on the middle note break. During our first few performances, it was basically trading solo's between me and an alto because no one else was playing it. Thankfully more people are starting to get it.

Hopefully this will probably be the biggest impact point of the show.

Not meaning to show you up, but I have some 16th runs at 164 bpm, so I know what you mean. Two of the runs are at a halt, but the last one is while moving an its not clean at all right now. I've played the runs on both Bass Clarinet and Tenor Sax, and its near impossible on the Bass Clarinet due to more pinky altering on the middle note break. During our first few performances, it was basically trading solo's between me and an alto because no one else was playing it. Thankfully more people are starting to get it.

Hopefully this will probably be the biggest impact point of the show.

yeah it's really tough!

i originally thought we would be holding, but it's about half of the closer so the drill writer decided to have us move.

nearly impossible :[

but not quite ;]