2008 Duncanville Marching Invitational

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait until Saturday. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch all of the 5A bands perform. I'm especially looking forward to Mansfield because I've heard so much about them but haven't got to see them. Our band's going to have a hard time making finals. We missed by one two years ago and we're looking to redeem ourselves this year.

Edited by Fata1

I cannot wait until Saturday. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch all of the 5A bands perform. I'm especially looking forward to Mansfield because I've heard so much about them but haven't got to see. Our bands going to have a hard time making finals. We missed by one last year and we're looking to redeem ourselves this year.

I hope you like what you see.

We made it to finals last year by the skin of our teeth. And placed 9th in finals. We too are hoping to redeem ourselves and place a bit higher. No doubt though, this is a very tough competition. Looking forward to it.

sax5, u need to come out to frisco and see us (wakeland), wylie, poteet, heath, birdville, plano east, and others i mean it's going to be really fun

better be supportin us ;p

Haha, oh terminator. The drive is too far unfortunately. That competition should be a lot of fun too. And Trey, of course I will be supporting you. I've been supporting your band and boosters for the last 3 seasons. It should be a lot of fun watching Danielle in her last competition. We will be spending the morning at Grand Prairie HS taking our SATs and then I will drive her to Duncanville.

wow there were a lot of really good bands that didn't make finals, like summit and legacy. in fact, i know nothing about alvin, clements, or hays but good for them and to Richland for winning

Clements and Hays were VERY GOOD. I was thouroughly impressed.

Eh. After prelims I kinda expected finals to have them omitted.. just by seeing the other bands that were there.

Favorite part of finals: Southwest's drum break. They rocked it out.

Clements and Hays were VERY GOOD. I was thouroughly impressed.

Eh. After prelims I kinda expected finals to have them omitted.. just by seeing the other bands that were there.

Favorite part of finals: Southwest's drum break. They rocked it out.

I knew I should've stayed. Well, thanks to the SAT, I barely made it in time for the 5As. The group that stood out to me the most, and I figured so (and predicted so) was Mansfield. For the past month, I've been hearing comment after comment about them, THAT guard has something special in them. I don't know what it was but I felt I was drawn into the action and I watched in "awe" the whole time. That was something special in that sector that I NEVER have experienced before until now.

Trinity was the surprise band in finals. I had them below the charts, there was just too many individual errors and moments in the show that just made me yawn. This year should be the rebuilding year for them and I know down the road, they will rise but today was a yawner.

I had Coppell ahead of Richland and Rowlett and I was very impressed with the control Clements had in their sound.

Haha, thanks. Our band was really going for Mansfield. When Mansfield's guard won in prelims, half our band was cheering them on.

Great finals by all! I almost didn't attend. Mansfield's guard WAS incredible. Congratulations Richland, they should do well at State. Duncanville was incredible, what an exciting show. Good luck to all attending State!

Saw Duncanville on youtube.... HOLY CRAP!!! Amazing!!! All I can say is Bravo to those kids!!!!!! I am still in awe and completely speechless. Makes me excited about that Honor Band concert!!! Best of luck to all! Again, AMAZING!

Hey this doesn't include their preshow? I agree it was amazing live. I still have goose bumps! The video quality is not great. Any other DMI shows to post? There was several awesome performances in finals.

Hey this doesn't include their preshow? I agree it was amazing live. I still have goose bumps! The video quality is not great. Any other DMI shows to post? There was several awesome performances in finals.

Nope, that video doesn't contain the preshow entrance for some reason and yeah, I could wish for a better video quality (location of camera and zoom), but you get a good idea of the show from this anyways. It's annoying that every time the camera is zoomed that the audio skips a little bit.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but Duncanville's show is:

"The Journey"

Symphony #3 - Copland

Symphony #1 - Barber

Music arranged by Richard Saucedo

Drill written by Brian Youngblood

The third section is a mix of these two and other well known Copland pieces.

i really enjoyed rowlett's show. Can't believe they didn't make state...

Thanks! we played our butts off last night. We really wanted to prove we could march a better show than we did at area finals last weekend. we're definitely upset about not going to state, but we were really pleased with that performance.

After that performance, you can really tell why Ducanville was the Honor Band this year, they were amazing!