GN Semis Announcements and Finalists

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact.

Bell is the first Texas band to win nationals under the UIL 8 hour rule.

Really? I don't remember when it was Westfield left UIL but I know they were still in it in 2002 (I was competing at the same stadium they competed at Area in and I remember hearing their crazy rap stuff from outside the stadium waiting for our results in finals and thinking "wtf?").....I figured they were still in it when they won Nationals in 2003...but maybe not.

And Spring 1993? I guess they didn't have the 8-hour rule back then so that would make sense.....

....interesting.

Westfield pulled out of UIL Region Marching competitions (and went above the 8-hours) in 2003 which is the year that they won BOA GN.

For Spring 1993, there wasn't a UIL Region Marching Competition 8-hour Rule yet.

Note: There was still the TEA 8-hour rule for both of those bands. (8-hours from beginning of school Monday to end of school Friday)

Fun fact.

Bell is the first Texas band to win nationals under the UIL 8 hour rule.

Man, that's just amazing. I was looking at some band's schedule. I think it may have been PCEP but I'm not sure. They have three hour practices about every day and long practices almost every available practice. Compare that to L.D. Bell and The Woodlands and the other GN Texas bands and you would think they would dominate. But Bell proves to us that Texas bands can do just fine even with the eight hour rule. They just have to work harder.

I just found the video of Bell on youtube.

gosh it freaking made me cry.

Amazing.

when i saw it, it just confused me. great show, but i'm still wondering if the girl died? was this whole show about going to heaven? idk. does anyone know the meanings behind the three bell shows (the ascension, the remaining, and transcendence) for sure?

when i saw it, it just confused me. great show, but i'm still wondering if the girl died? was this whole show about going to heaven? idk. does anyone know the meanings behind the three bell shows (the ascension, the remaining, and transcendence) for sure?

As far as I know, the girl was only sleeping. The way she puts her hands on the side of her head seems to express that as well. But I have heard someone say that some kids from the band said that the girl goes to sleep at the end of the show.

As far as I know, the girl was only sleeping. The way she puts her hands on the side of her head seems to express that as well. But I have heard someone say that some kids from the band said that the girl goes to sleep at the end of the show.

im not really to sure WHERE i heard this, but its stuck with me for a few days.....

i heard that the little girl watches her soul being taken from her, right before she dies.....

i might've just heard this from someone who didn't know, but that's what i last heard..... lol

a cool fact about finals at nationals...

Texas swept individual music:

Woodlands, Richland, Bell, SFA

goes to show you where the best players in the country come from

In addition, a Texas band has won the Music caption at Grand Nationals Finals (and this is not even including Semifinals) a total of 10 times (6 times this decade so far).

1990 - Westfield HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

1991 - Duncanville HS, TX (Band placed 6th in Finals)

1993 - Spring HS, TX (Band won Grand National title)

1995 - Westfield HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

2001 - L.D. Bell HS, TX (Band placed 4th in Finals)

2003 - Westfield HS, TX (Band won Grand National title)

2004 - Stephen F. Austin HS, TX (Band placed 4th in Finals)

2005 - Ronald Reagan HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

2006 - L.D. Bell HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

2007 - L.D. Bell HS, TX (Band won Grand National title)

In addition, a Texas band has won the Music caption at Grand Nationals Finals (and this is not even including Semifinals) a total of 10 times (6 times this decade so far).

1990 - Westfield HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

1991 - Duncanville HS, TX (Band placed 6th in Finals)

1993 - Spring HS, TX (Band won Grand National title)

1995 - Westfield HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

2001 - L.D. Bell HS, TX (Band placed 4th in Finals)

2003 - Westfield HS, TX (Band won Grand National title)

2004 - Stephen F. Austin HS, TX (Band placed 4th in Finals)

2005 - Ronald Reagan HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

2006 - L.D. Bell HS, TX (Band placed 2nd in Finals)

2007 - L.D. Bell HS, TX (Band won Grand National title)

Hey Mike,

You left out Duncanville winning GN Music Performance in 1991.