• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate you.

when's the concert? I wanna come!

That's my FAVORITE Mackey Piece.

Haha. It's one of my favorite pieces in general. When the directors told me that they were thinking about playing it, I was so happy. And I can fill you in on concert times some day next semester if you really feel like making a trip all the way to Fort Worth.

Haha. It's one of my favorite pieces in general. When the directors told me that they were thinking about playing it, I was so happy. And I can fill you in on concert times some day next semester if you really feel like making a trip all the way to Fort Worth.

For Redline Tango, yes.

It just better be worth it. =]

but I have no doubts that Southwest can make it worth the drive.

Tuesday Feb. 12. Yikes that's only a month away, and I have a whole bunch of runs I need to work up during the break. and OMG, yeah our director only cares about what you guys do, he doesn't really care what Liberty and Frisco do. He was lecturing us woodwinds how is we can't these runs right in pro bands they fire you for it, and how you guys were playing Hindemeth's A Symphonic Metamorphsis, and Nutcracker, and how we can't even do a difficult class 4 piece. Partly b/c Dr. Trent wanted to listen to us, which would have been scary and embarrasing, so yeah when is your concert

actually, I think it's the same day... =[

I know the band and orchestra are playing together on the 4th of december. That concert includes:

Sleigh Ride (original)

Liebermann Flute Concerto (I'll be playing the solo!! it's killing me slowly though...)

Greensleeves

Bach Violin Concerto in A Minor

Entrance of the Queen of Sheeba

Nimrod. I love that piece. We played it last year with other movements from Enigma Variations.

I've always wanted to play with a good orchestra. Our school's orchestra is horrible though. They don't care. They got a new director this year who tried to get them to do a one hour rehearsal every Monday so that they actually have rehearsals outside of the 45 minute class periods but the kids in orchestra think the idea is ridiculous. A lot of them were talking about quitting when the new director said he's going to implement sectionals next semester.

Nimrod. I love that piece. We played it last year with other movements from Enigma Variations.

I've always wanted to play with a good orchestra. Our school's orchestra is horrible though. They don't care. They got a new director this year who tried to get them to do a one hour rehearsal every Monday so that they actually have rehearsals outside of the 45 minute class periods but the kids in orchestra think the idea is ridiculous. A lot of them were talking about quitting when the new director said he's going to implement sectionals next semester.

Our orchestra isn't amazing quite yet. But we're working on it.

We've had a new director every year since the school opened. We reached our highest peak my sophomore year with Mr. Nikon, who used to have Honor Orchestras almost every single year. We could have hit that level by this year, but he retired at the end of the year.

Our new director, Dr. Holt is AMAZING! (her husband is trumpet professor at UNT). She's a spaz and hard to follow sometimes, but she's pushing our orchestra to get to where we were 2 years ago, which I really enjoy. Her main focus right now is getting everybody to play the same volume and with the same tone, and not necessarily work on tuning. She's my favorite so far, even though she is making us do SO much more than we ever have before (I think this year we have a total of 8 or 9 concerts as opposed to the normal 3) and we also have sectionals, which we've never had before.

Edited by borchnork