• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showing pride by doing something completely clean and unoffensive in a salute? WTF were you thinking?!?!?!?!

= this whole thing is ridiculous. Maybe a punishment of some sort, but not anything NEAR the caliber of getting kicked out. I've seen a kid in my band cuss out a director before and he just got In School Suspension for a week, but he's still in band. That's ridiculous...

Any update Fernando? I said hi to Katie and Luis and they were surprised that I even knew you...

lol...thats funny

nothing yet, but we're organizing

and since he told me and my other 5 seniors that we don't care about the band

and that we canceress(i'm filling a lawsuit against the assistant principal for saying that)

we are going to make the band lose more people from the elementary and up...

but we're just thinking about doing that

our parents are meeting up

also is there a way to make only members of the forums read this?

Edited by drumajorfernando

whoa whoa. Don't screw over your entire band program for something he did. If you're trying to convince students from elementary, intermediate, and junior high schools to drop band, that's messing up the entire program for a long time, that shouldn't be what you're after. Get rid of the director, sue him, get him fired, but don't tell students to drop out, that shouldn't be what you're looking for.

Maybe I misread it... I dunno. Just an idea.

lol...thats funny

nothing yet, but we're organizing

and since he told me and my other 5 seniors that we don't care about the band

and that we canceress(i'm filling a lawsuit against the assistant principal for saying that)

we are going to make the band lose more people from the elementary and up...

but we're just thinking about doing that

our parents are meeting up

also is there a way to make only members of the forums read this?

canceress? was that a typo?

Calling you cancerous has nothign to do with you having cancer. Its a phrase meaning something or someone that spreads bad things quickly. I'm pretty sure you can't sue somebody for that....if you want to ruin the band program by making everyone leave that statement would be correct. I really think you are handling this the wrong way though, you should just talk to your band director.

It was said before.... Guests can read this.

As your site admin, I suggest we keep this topic friendly and don't attack the public school teachers who serve us all.

As your friend, I remind you that anything you say here is available to the public. If your director or school staff find out that you supplied contact information so strangers can get involved, that does NOT help your case.

And, in my honest opinion, you do not have grounds for a lawsuit over the word 'cancerous'. Zach already explained what it means. Chances are good the school district already pays a lawyer, and by filing a lawsuit against the Asst. Principal you are filing a lawsuit against the district. Even then, there is no proof that the Asst. Principal had prior knowledge that your family had cancer (which I am sorry about) and took advantage of it to harm you. The end result is just a loss of respect and probably money if you hire a lawyer too.