12:30pm Mabank

8:15pm The Woodlands

10:15 Ronald Reagan

Friday Prelims:

8:45am LD Bell

10:00am Clear Brook

11:15am Stephen F. Austin

11:30am Richland

I gotta admit, some of those times suck hardcore.

Performing early is never fun. However, at Grand Nationals, you have to take each performance as it comes.

Thursday Prelims:

12:30pm Mabank

8:15pm The Woodlands

10:15 Ronald Reagan

Friday Prelims:

8:45am LD Bell

10:00am Clear Brook

11:15am Stephen F. Austin

11:30am Richland

I gotta admit, some of those times suck hardcore.

This time shouldn't hurt Reagan too much, but I think if they have an early semifinals spot, they will have a lesser chance of making finals...as for the others, I think they will do fine.

This time shouldn't hurt Reagan too much, but I think if they have an early semifinals spot, they will have a lesser chance of making finals...as for the others, I think they will do fine.

Yea, I'm not too worried about these bands making it onto semifinals. I'm pretty sure they'll all make it to there. Hopefully, they'll all get good semifinals slots and a good majority of them get into finals.

Last year I was 100% correct on GN finalists bands. I hope I still have the sight.

Yeah, it may be hard for Bell to come out on top on Friday just because of the sheer number of bands going after them. I don't think it will keep them out of the top 11. What really matters is that they pwn everyone on Saturday.

A few really big bands follow Bell. SFA, Broken Arrow, Carmel, and Marian Catholic all go after Bell. SFA has been relatively quiet this year, but you can never count them out. Broken Arrow dominated the St. Louis Regional and Carmel just came off a solid win at the Indy Regional this past weekend. Marian Catholic got fourth, though that was the first time they performed almost 20% of the show. Never count out Marian Catholic. They're the only band in history to win GN three years in a row and have a total of 7 titles. They're notorious for peaking really late in the season.

I still have faith in LD Bell, though. Bell, ftw!!!

do you think if marcus did GN next year that they could win GN AND State in the same year? thatd be a sight to see.

i think to win both nationals and texas state would be a pretty big feat. with the exception of 2006 state, uil and boa usually look for some very different things. in '06 bell pulled off second in state and second at nationals. with the way marcus is going, i wouldn't think it impossible. i am fairly certain that some indiana bands have won indiana state and nationals in the same year, however, i am not familiar with the ISSMA system of things.

Honestly, with the way Marcus is performing this year, they could do it. Though I'm pretty sure Bell would triple their work effort between now and finals. Especially if Marcus was going. I'm sure they're tired of coming in second to them. You could see on their faces when they announced the results over the webcast that Bell's band was not happy. Their guard looked about ready to kill.

Yea, it's just like last year. Bell has one of the most well designed shows of all time, and yet a squeaky clean band wins. Broken Arrow beat them last year from just being way too clean. Same thing this year. Marcus dominated because they marched and played so well.

I'm willing to bet that Bell's shows from 2004-2007 go into the history books as some of the best shows a marching band can put on the field over a span of a few years. Their shows join the ranks of PCEP from 99-01 and Marian Catholic from 88-90 when they set a record by winning GN three years in a row.

Honestly, with the way Marcus is performing this year, they could do it. Though I'm pretty sure Bell would triple their work effort between now and finals. Especially if Marcus was going. I'm sure they're tired of coming in second to them. You could see on their faces when they announced the results over the webcast that Bell's band was not happy. Their guard looked about ready to kill.

i think maybe the bell gaurd was already irritated before the top two bands were announced. from what i saw during retreat the marcus gaurd seemed to irritate them every time they moved around. i was sitting right in front of them. it could feel the tension coming off of the field.

if marcus and bell both went to gn in the same year i think i would have to pull money out of my savings to go. that would be a very intense showing. especially if they had been up against eachother in the other compititions that year like they have been doing for the past few years.

that would be a really long car ride and a lot of gas i would be willing to pay for.

D:

Reminds me of Marcus's show in '05.

During retreat, their guard would not sit still.

I was sooo irritated and distracted. Lmao.

I definitely agree. With such a clean show, Marcus could definitely go and kick some major butt at a competition like Grand Nationals.

It's just so hard to compare Marcus and Bell.

They are two COMPLETELY different bands.

Both do COMPLETELY different shows.

It'd be crazy to see them perform back to back.

just got back from bell's community send off performance and I must say bravo to them this year, you really do need to see it live to feel the emotion they put into it, it's awesome...and the new ending for GN finals is going to be quite the treat, just wait, you'll see...

anyways good luck to all the bands going, represent!

just got back from bell's community send off performance and I must say bravo to them this year, you really do need to see it live to feel the emotion they put into it, it's awesome...and the new ending for GN finals is going to be quite the treat, just wait, you'll see...

anyways good luck to all the bands going, represent!

I was so glad to finally see it in its entirety.

I saw it earlier this season at BOA Arlington.

This was definitely a treat, minus the fact that I got lost about 3 times. I swear Pennington Field has always been closer than it was. Haha.

Anyway. I agree.

And yes! The ending will be a real treat. :]

http://www.ldbellband.org/info/htmltonuke....anscendents.htm

From LDBellBand.org:

transcendents.jpg

Our next show will be on Friday, November 16th at 8:45AM in the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, IN at the Bands of America Grand National Championships (Prelims). This will be version 3 of 4.

---

That picture is just unreal. Brings back memories of BOA San Antonio when I saw the show. I cannot wait to see fourth and final version.