BOA Arlington, TX Regional - Oct. 13 2007

Seeing as how we did overall, I'm not so sure of that (Mansfield). Our drill is very hard this year. Granted we had an earlier time spot which could have affected things. I thought our performance was pretty solid for where we're at and was disappointed to hear the results -_- .

Yeah, this contest was very competitive. Just as your band did, our band felt pretty solid with our performance and had high hopes of making finals, however when the announcements came, we saw how hard the competition really was. Standing next to hebron during announcements was hard as well because we know everyone(including me) expected them to make finals and it must have been hard to take. I personally love Hebron's show and am looking forward to seeing it again this friday at our game and again the next day at UIL.

(I also like Mansfield's show. It was in my top 3 favorite shows at TOC :D )

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I also like Mansfield's show. It was in my top 3 favorite shows at TOC :D )

Thanks! You guys have improved quite a bit since last year. I thought you guys had a really cool show as well this year. But wow, do you guys look so much better! :) Our show will be a lot cleaner by Duncanville and UIL time. Idk... there's always next year ofr BOA I guess <_<. Btw did anyone else have any weird Judge placings? One judge said he liked our show a lot, yet he put us as 19th! (Visual GE). Kind of odd for they type of show we have.

The only two bands i saw was LD Bell and Martin. I wasnt impressed by Bells show, i found it boring. And Martin just looked like they were going through the motions. Martin did much better at Dean Corey the Tuesday before. They have the ability to do really good they just dont put emotion into it when it counts, which was whe problem with Martin last year.

Does anyone know why Marcus got the .8 penalty in finals? Because they would have won by 1.4 but I wonder what happend. I don't remember seeing anything wrong.

I paid extra attention to the things that would get you a penalty.

In finals, I am pretty sure Marcus had pit equipment over the red line. They weren't the only ones, either.

I could be wrong, so don't quote me.. lol.

I was in the Marcus band...graduate of '06. The penalty came from getting off of the field. With all of the props and pit equipment it just happened. I also think maybe one of the techs didn't have a badge? not completely sure of the last part but i know that field exit was the majority of the penalty.