QUOTE (takigan @ Sep 25 2007, 03:36 PM)
Y'know this band is pretty close to home.....do they ever make appearances in any of the Texas Regionals? Distance obviously isn't too much of an issue with this band if they went to GN last year.

Yeah, I've always wondered why they don't make the trek down to Texas every once in a while myself. Many Oklahoma bands have been down here recently....Jenks, Owasso, Union, Westmoore, and etc. The last time Broken Arrow competed at a Texas Regional was back in 1996 at the Denton Regional. They came in fifth in Finals.

November 2, 1996

Denton, TX

University of North Texas

Finals Results

91.15 - Leander H.S., TX

90.10 - Union H.S., OK

87.95 - The Colony H.S., TX

86.95 - Richland H.S., TX

86.85 - Broken Arrow H.S., OK

83.50 - Halton H.S., TX

82.45 - Coppell H.S., TX

81.70 - Comeaux H.S., LA

81.35 - Lake Highlands H.S., TX

80.25 - Moore H.S., OK

77.90 - Lewisville H.S., TX

77.70 - Pflugerville H.S., TX

Outstanding Music Performance - Leander H.S., TX

Outstanding Visual Performance - Leander H.S., TX

Outstanding General Effect - Union H.S., OK

Would love to see BA down here.

haha i've heard a hilarious story about that regional... apparently the weather affected the regional more than anything else... Richland took the field early in prelims and had to march in 40 degree weather and so barely made it into finals in the number 12 spot... well come finals they drew early again, but that meant they got to perform in 70 something degree weather and shot up the standings to fourth... which i think is the biggest prelims to finals difference in richland history... haha but yeah seeing that just made me think of that

it rained while we were performing during BOA Arlington my freshman year, and drizzling during the entire rest of the competition, but they still performed, then finals got cancelled i believe cuz of the weather...lol. and same my freshman year, we have a contest called Rocket Review and the whole contest was rained out, only like two bands performed.

QUOTE (JustAddWat3r @ Sep 26 2007, 06:18 PM)
so u still perform in the rain?

hmm wonder how that works for woodwind instruments...and pit....

As long as there isn't any lightning they band just keeps going...

I remember at the DCI West regional in Lubock this summer the boston crusaders finished their intro and Dan potter announced them of the field. I believe the rest of the regional was cancelled