BOA San antonio

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should be considered because we almost made finals last year at BOA SA (14th place when they took 12 to finals) while beating the band that got 10th at state! ;)

Please keep in mind that UIL and BOA are judged differently. Comparison of results from both marching entities should just be for kicks and giggles.

QUOTE (actualgirltrombone @ Aug 22 2007, 02:50 PM)
If Cedar Park doesnt make finals with all of the dancing we got going on, I'm going to be very upset.

We're poppin and lockin like never before! XD XD XD

Just put on a great show that utilizes both the musical and visual elements at a high level and you guys will be fine. That's where the real General Effect points come from.

Also, just want to say that Michael Floyd is a great addition to the staff. I've enjoyed his guard designs over the years when he taught in S. Carolina.

i wonder what reagans doing im excited!!! do they have like their shows specially made to where they are the first to ever play it

Reagan's musical selections are usually a mix between classical pieces and original composition. You may have heard parts of the show from other organizations but the arrangement as a whole is unique.

Oh I know what you mean. you should check this out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PkUnoG-wmLU

one of my fav videos of all time. :D

I have a feeling that its nothing like what you guys are doing, but just showing why i fell in love with marionette dances/moves.

that is where they got the inspiration. according to one of our dms. we wanted the music too but it's too slow to single march and too fast to double march.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's revive this thread. This year's San Antonio is going to be outrageous.

Brazoswood H.S. TX

Cedar Park H.S. TX

Clear Brook H.S. TX

Coppell H.S. TX

Cypress Falls H.S. TX

Haltom H.S. TX

Hebron H.S. TX

James Bowie H.S. TX

L.D. Bell H.S. TX

Langham Creek H.S. TX

Marcus H.S. TX

Richland H.S. TX

Ronald Reagan H.S. TX

Spring H.S. TX

The Woodlands H.S. TX

Westfield H.S. TX

Winston Churchill H.S.

I've got it narrowed down to 17 possible finalists. I had to knock out a lot of bands that have a chance. Bands like Berkner, TW College Park, and Colleyville. Originally, I had 24 bands after the initial knock out. I just can't bring myself to taking more bands off this list. Too painful.

Indeed it will be outrageous. However, I think Berkner needs to be considered as a possible finalist, perhaps even moreso than Langham Creek, Coppell, Cedar Park, and Cypress Falls. Now that Berkner has Frank Troyka on board, I imagine that they will be a bit more BOA friendly. Performance wise, they were pretty dang good last year and I can only see them getting better.

Indeed it will be outrageous. However, I think Berkner needs to be considered as a possible finalist, perhaps even moreso than Langham Creek, Coppell, Cedar Park, and Cypress Falls. Now that Berkner has Frank Troyka on board, I imagine that they will be a bit more BOA friendly. Performance wise, they were pretty dang good last year and I can only see them getting better.

I've actually heard Cy-falls is doing really well this year. From what I've been hearing, I think they have a good shot at finals. I dont know about Cedar Park and Coppell, but right now it looks like Langham wont be making finals at the rate the shows going. Most of the strong brass players graduated last year, and drill isnt being learned [or given!] fast enough. Ha, what a wonderful impression for our first time entering in this contest.