I was ready to die at Aledo. I've only been to two non-UIL competitions (DMI and Aledo) and at both of them the last band they announce that made finals always has to start with an S. At DMI, we were in the stands and the announcer goes, "And finally, Ss..." *our band takes a large breath* "ummit High School" *our band releases large breath*. At Aledo, the same thing happened and I'm pretty sure it was with Summit again. It happened again at Aledo when the announced Best in Class 4A. Saginaw. I swear I wish our school's name started with a Q sometimes.

But yeah. I don't know how I'm going to cope with the announcement. I think I really may just walk down to the concession stands or something.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't get anything given to us just because we're Sherman. We have to work really hard to get as good as we are. As a matter of fact today was the first day all season long that we didn't have practice, and that's because Region was yesterday.

I know, it's still hard work. But to be able to compete at the level you guys do... blegh. it's depressing sometimes to watch your band, just because you're SO GOOD!

And to Fata1:

I think the spirit store is on the outside of the stadium. We should meet there!

I know, it's still hard work. But to be able to compete at the level you guys do... blegh. it's depressing sometimes to watch your band, just because you're SO GOOD!

And to Fata1:

I think the spirit store is on the outside of the stadium. We should meet there!

Yeah. Spirit store works. I'll have to find it before the announcements.

But yeah. I officially hate the letter S. Actually, the sound. My heart always skips a beat when they announce a band starting with Sss.

Yeah, I also hate it when the announcers call your band and then pause for a while to build suspense and finally they announce your placement,award,rating etc. Gosh that really bothers me, or my favorite, when the judges make a mistake and have to recalculate everything and we're stuck in the stands waiting and waiting and waiting... That's what happened at Prelims at Plano East.

Three things:

The the guy at Sherman, we really respect you guys and really think you're a shoe-in at Area, simply because of how prestegious your band is. You guys play and march so well you almost inspire us to work harder and push for a spot below you. That being said, we know it's alot of hard work and dedication (something I think is essential to make a good marching band) and above all we don't just think your name is what gives you the respect- it's the band and the players.

In case you guys didn't realize, Centennial still starts with that Sss sylable and if they have Sherman, Southwest... I hope our comentator guy doesn't have a long s in his speech or people will get just drop dead in the stands. Oh the joy... but they will probably announce us as Frisco Centennial anyway.

Another thing about the announcers- I hate it when you go to a competition and you place 3rd in Prelims, and then you compete in finals and at the finals results deal they announce 7th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place and don't announce that your city rival school beat you and so did Argyle or that they neglected to say that you even existed in this competition or even what placement and leave you thinking you got DQ'ed or something like that. Doncha hate it when that happens?

ok thats cool, I've just heard some what I will call LD Bell music (since that what I associate it with) from the past couple of years played at Plano East (North Lamar) and UIL (I believe Sherman was playing atleast a whole movement from the 05 show Ascension)....thanks, just wondering