• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad that we're before Birdville and you all. I'd at least like to see the bands that might end up beating us in the end. It bothered me to be beaten by Birdville at Aledo and not have been able to see them perform. I'm sure they deserved, I just like to compare.

why did u guys spray paint your black marching shoes BLUE?!?!?!?! and why not going w/white paints I like that better

I like the new look. We look sharper.

and the blue shoes make us look taller both at attention and while marching. The whole look this year was just to make sure we looked bigger.

When I look at that Area B schedule, I looked first at Frisco, The Colony and Seguin. Frisco first, Centennial last... Looks like the hometown's rounding off the day. And then, I saw The Colony and Seguin so close together. If (god forbid) Stephenville and Alvarado don't make it to area, then we got a head-to-head brawl there. It could be good for either of them... or the rest of us B'ers. The same scenario applies to Southwest and Sherman if Polytechnic (please no) doesn't make the grain. And it could even be the same for Birdville and Centennial if (please, God, NO!!!) Western Hills, Crowley, AND Everman don't make it. I see that the least likely to happen... Sherman and Southwest could very well happen. It's gonna be insanity for everyone regardless.

I don't see Poly making it. Our team played them last week and they didn't sound too good. I'm just glad that, if they don't make it, we still go before Sherman. I'd rather not follow them. Following them would mean that the judges might compare us to Sherman and I don't exactly like that.

Anyway, Western Hills will make it. In fact, they might even beat us at Area if things play out like they did at Aledo. I'll know more about that on Friday. Our team plays them so we'll see their band perform again. Crowley seems like they should make it and I don't know about Everman. I've never once seen their band perform.

Most of the bands we (frisconians) don't know about are from region 7.

Here's a list (not sure if it is accurate) that made ones last year and are a part of area B.

Not in any particular order:

Sherman

Denison

Aledo

Alvarado

Crowley

EasternHills

Everman

Joshua

Southwest

Stephenville

WesternHills

Frisco

McKinney

McKinney Boyd

McKinney North

Centennial

The Colony

Juan Seguin

Birdville

I will be rendered speechless if only 3 bands are able to advance from Area B. That would have to be the most unfair thing to ever happen in the millions of years that this planet has been around. Three bands from the most challenging Area ever? No way. Heck, six is hardly enough.

Haha, all this Area B discussion reminds me of my senior year when Hebron was still 4A. We were hoping and praying for Lake Dallas to get a 1 at Region, and they didn't. Only 19 bands went to Area, with a list including Poteet, Sherman, Aledo, Wylie, J. J. Pearce, Hebron, and one or two more. It was ridiculous that they only allowed three bands from that Area. <_<

I hope that doesn't happen again. It is not fun being called as the alternate to State...