How is your band going to be next year?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we have one director change. It's hard to tell. We will definitely have the best talent this year than any of our previous years that's for sure. But there is some resistance to the new director. With me being a section leader this year I'll will do everything I can to motivate. She is a really great director though! She came from Bowie. She's pretty hardcore. lol We're definitely gonna get whipped into shape. I think when people warm up to her and her high standards things will really take off. It's gonna be fun. =)

Yeah, our guard jumped from like 18... to like 40 O_o.... but then again, now we have about 19 clarinets and like 12-13 flutes >_<... Saxes jumped from 5 altos to 12... heh.... :lol: 2 Tenor saxes to 4 , and a pretty massive drumline.

That sounds like our band.

Our show is gonna be amazing this year...you guys better watch out. ;)

We just finished or first session of summer band and things are going pretty good. We only got one new freshman for the French Horn section which brings our total up to an amazing six. Anyway, our new freshman makes me want to shoot myself. Shes so lazy and she thinks everything should go her way. On top of that, she's not very good. Everything else seems to be going great though. The rest of our section is really strong as is most of the entire band. We're getting new uniforms and our music is really cool. To add to the hype, it's a state year for us since we're 4A. This year is going to be really fun.

Well we have one director change. It's hard to tell. We will definitely have the best talent this year than any of our previous years that's for sure. But there is some resistance to the new director. With me being a section leader this year I'll will do everything I can to motivate. She is a really great director though! She came from Bowie. She's pretty hardcore. lol We're definitely gonna get whipped into shape. I think when people warm up to her and her high standards things will really take off. It's gonna be fun. =)

Which director is leaving?

well...all i can say for westfield is just...new everything

new staff

new generation

new leadership

new drum majors

new show theme

new drumline (7 basses, 7 snares)

and a new way to approach this marching season.

im just expecting this year to be one of the greatest years in marching band history.

umm...that's a tough post to follow.

it's amazing how many ppl come flocking to this forum when the season is about to begin. to me it adds hype to this long awaited season, BUT i think (idk why) that something will happen that will change this season DRASTICALLY.

Example: AlamoDome collapsing the day before Super Regional.

Just my 2 centz

umm...that's a tough post to follow.

it's amazing how many ppl come flocking to this forum when the season is about to begin. to me it adds hype to this long awaited season, BUT i think (idk why) that something will happen that will change this season DRASTICALLY. 

Example: AlamoDome collapsing the day before Super Regional.

Just my 2 centz

YOU HAD THAT VISION TOO?!

Yeah I think this will be an interesting year. Can't wait. =)

EDIT*

Which director is leaving?

Actually two directors have left. James Van Zandt(going to get his masters) and Eric Carraway(finding himself...?). We've only replaced one of them though right now. They will be missed.

Yeah, I think our show is going to be quite different than most of our shows these past years.

I believe we are actually going BOA style this year.

Be prepared. We've already had our fundies stuff. Now the first day of band camp, which is July 30th will be the first day we start painting our show..crazy. We usually learn mid second week.

Plus, our band camp is a whole extra week longer.

WAAAH. But so fun!

Hopefully Julian gets his butt down here so I can get some stress off.