• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I can't imagine a band where everyone is friends! There is always some kind of drama going on in my band.

amen sista-girlfriend!

we have our lil drama in our band but when it comes to having fun...everyone seems to participate and make the best out of any situation...especially on trips

remember Westfield...(HEEYYYY!!!)...hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...

2005: Disney World (what a good first spring trip)

2006: Chorpus Christi (beach front condos were freaking amazing. i was in a ten person room it was BIGGER THAN MY HOUSE! man it was awesome)

2007: CHICAGO!!!! we're gonna see the blue man group perform. its gonna be awesome. i might be able to see a good friend while im up there too. so im really excited.

Lets see here, this year is my final spring trip with my band cause i'm graduating. So we're going to DisneyWorld.

Spring Trips in Review:

FRESHMAN YEAR: SOUTH PADRE ISLAND

This trip was horrible, the power went out, it rained. But all in all i was rooming with pretty fun kids so i had a good time. Oh we also went on some stupid dolphin watch cruise that ended with a bonfire.(more like a campfire).

SOPHMORE YEAR: INDIANAPOLIS/CHICAGO *NATIONAL CONCERT BAND FESTIVAL*

The second half was fun, like insanely fun. But the actual concert band festival was awefull, you had to be in full dress when you walked around, no one came to see our concert, and then to top it off your scheduled every waking minute. Chicago was awesome though. Blue Man Group definitly a must-see before you die.

JUNIOR YEAR: CORPUS CHRISTIE

This was the best trip to date. We played on the beach almost non-stop. We had a kicka** luao. It was quite possibly, the best spring trip ever. I even won a slap fight with one of our directors. We also had a karoke machine at the luao. IT was fun.

SENIOR YEAR: ORLANDO, FLORIDA DISNEYWORLD!!!!

Should be the best of them all.

• 3 months later...
I hear that next year, my band is going to FLORIDA for their band trip..and we're going to Dallas in two weeks (May 4 & 5). How unfair that I'm graduating this year :(

So are we! We are going to Medieval Times Thursday, competing Friday evening, and then to Six Flags Saturday.

Our knight should have when we went two years ago, but that red knight was evil and killed him :angry:

So are we! We are going to Medieval Times Thursday, competing Friday evening, and then to Six Flags Saturday.

Our knight should have when we went two years ago, but that red knight was evil and killed him :angry:

We're going to Medieval Times on Friday and competing Saturday morning, then going to Six Flags afterward..I love Six Flags Over Texas :D

I'm excited for Medieval Times because I've never been!

We went to Dallas my freshman year and I loved it! We went to medieval times, took over the pool at our hotel, did really well at contest, and then went to Six Flags. One of my more memorably weekends. :) Last year we went to New York over Thanksgiving. It was so much fun, but every second of our time was scheduled. That part of it was insane. This year we're going to Port Aransas... We're leaving next Friday morning!!! I'm so excited, we get to go shopping at HEB and cook all of our own food! :) Next year is going to be the best, though. We're going to DISNEY WORLD!!! I can't wait!!!

I feel sorry for those of you who are going to Dallas.

Its boring.

It's always better when it's not so close.

People from far away always rant and rave about how great South Padre Island is, and I think they are crazy because it's just a beach...nothing grand. I would probably think differently if I didn't live about an hour away from it.

I feel sorry for those of you who are going to Dallas.

Its boring.

I've learned that even Dallas can be fun as long as you have a little "creativity"...

For example: Last year our band went to Dallas and we went to Medieval Times. One of my friends thought the bad guy in the show was really hot, so the whole time she was cheering for him and catcalling him (and he heard her, because sometimes he'd smile or wave at her). At the end of the show when he's being dragged off in chains, she yells out, "I love you!" And you could distinctly see him say to her, "I love you too, babe!" That was definitely one of the highlights of the trip for me.