• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirit from JSU- Genesis

Music of

- Jun Nagao

- Imogen Heap

- John Mackey

- David Gillingham

heh looks like Spirit will be playing Imogen Heap too.

No total show package has been confirmed by the Cadets. The other corps that mentioned Imogen Heap was VK. We don't know the different approaches being taken nor how this culminates with the visual program. For that matter, we don't know much about what's brewing for '07 by any corps. Placements flip flop the whole season...just look at Finals in '06. One thing I know for sure, it's going to be another kick butt summer for DCI. If you're marching, the placements will be the last thing on your mind. I'm out there to have the time of my life ^_^

In reality, dwelling on numbers can affect how you perceive your summer. With different judges, different number gaps, and some scores remaining the same for more than a week, you might begin to think your corps isn't getting better. It couldn't be farther from the truth because I've never seen a show digress by the end of tour. Some corps clean better than others; this is especially true with challenging dirty shows in the beginning of the season. If those challenging shows are cleaned well by the end of the season, it's rare that the show will peak early. If you're going to bed each night thinking that your experience is going to stink because your corps is going to be last place, what's the point? You should be going out and giving your all.

If the judges give you a low score, that could be a design issue. In '05, my corps suffered in numbers because of the design of our program. There was nothing a member could do about this. At the end of the summer some people thought everything had gone to waste because we finished 21st after ranking below some other corps we had beaten all summer. Well, did they go out their and perform to the best of their ability? I sure bet they did; I did. My summer was not a waste because we didn't even get into semis.

In '06, I didn't pay attention to the numbers because I knew the show was getting better as the horn book and drill cleaned up. My corps ranked relatively the same all summer with no corps below us beating us at any show. Meanwhile, we never ranked above the corps ahead of us. This means coming in 12th at every regional. Performing in finals as a 12th place corps was more fun than I even expected. You go in there with nothing to lose....so we pushed to the very end. I'm very proud of what we accomplished.

If we fall out of finals this year, does that mean I'll have a horrible summer? Far from it. I came back this corps for the staff, the people, and the experience. The difference between 1st and 23rd place is not going to affect that.

Great for you.

I was just saying that in your one post you were telling people that if they march they won't care about scores. From my experience, very few people have taken the attitude that you have, and scores matter and are talked about a lot by most people in a corps, including the staff. I know what dwelling on scores does to people, and how it affects their attitudes (I marched Cap Reg 06).

Personally, I'm exactly like you, but most everyone else isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps of Dallas, TX, coming off their most successful finish at the DCA World Championships, announce our 2007 production:

'1968'

Selections and Inspirations from:

Age of Aquarius from Hair

Music for Prague: 1968

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Spinning Wheel

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Born to Be Wild

And P.S.:

Guess who's already got tickets to Pasadena...

as long as Gallactic Empires isn't being played...

-C

Aww, what's wrong with Galactic Empires? It's like the perfect show; percussive brass, a jazzy section, plus the piece itself clocks itself in at around 11 1/2 minutes....you could do an entire show around it.

Didn't Poteet do Empires recently? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else....

Aww, what's wrong with Galactic Empires? It's like the perfect show; percussive brass, a jazzy section, plus the piece itself clocks itself in at around 11 1/2 minutes....you could do an entire show around it.

Didn't Poteet do Empires recently? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else....

it's not a bad song... in fact I love it.

a corps playing it though... eh. I don't know.

-C